HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a new vp9 owner myself, and am very pleased with it. Quick question with the slide being removed, I noticed that my sear release catch is a lil' loose inside of the trigger housing. can anyone tell me if thats so with theirs? I notice the sear release is loose and when the sear release engages the catch I think it is slipping o so slighty (because its loose) Its really of no critical issue however with that being said i do notice a slight but very minuscule "slip or hump" in the triggerpull, I think this might be the culprit. Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Very. I bought the vp9 on the base of the excellant trigger amongst other great features.... I notice with mine tho, when pulling the trigger, after the smooth uptake i get to the wall which than the trigger feels like it slips just lighty and hits the break point... The loose sear catch release I assumed was the reason for the "slip" i feel when I pull the trigger and it hits the wall. just trying to diagnoise why... Maybe I am just being anal.

·
Registered
136 Posts
ontarget7,
Mine is loose too. Never bothered me... either.
Be careful of the questions you ask here some can treat you like fool.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
allbuisness, lets be honest, when we purchase a new firearm do we not all fall in love all over again until the next one? Dont we love our firearms as much if not as much as our wifes who cant understand why we pay more attention to the firearm than them, learning about it, admiring it,going on forums dedicated to that brand of firearm specific want to take care of it, clean it, keep it up to par, realible ,so it takes care of us? I dont know about you, but I for sure want it at it's best.

·
Registered
967 Posts
You are new here and while i agree with you in principle. The fact is this place is flooded almost daily with my VP9 is broken threads. ..
and 99.9% of these pistols are in perfect working condition. Use the search function to your advantage top right side of the screen.
I for one am not looking forward to HK releasing anymore $600 pistols. ..soon there wont be enough bandwidth for any thing else here on site.:690:

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Ontarget7, I know how you feel. Years ago when I first got into guns I worried about every little thing. I usually made a big deal out of nothing and even parted with a couple of high end 1911a1 pistols because I was obsessive about things. I lost a lot of money that way. You are correct about asking and searching the forum. However, once you find things are "normal" just go out and enjoy the best striker-fired pistol on the market, in my opinion . (Others may argue the point.) Don't forget you can always call or email HK CS and ask them about anything. They are straight-up folks and will put your mind to rest if you don't feel good about answers on the forum. I will say that most people here are knowledgeable and are very willing to help. I think your gun is the same as both of mine. Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
652 Posts
...I for one am not looking forward to HK releasing anymore $600 pistols. ..soon there wont be enough bandwidth for any thing else here on site.:690:
I am more inclined to believe that it's more a case of a hefty profit margin before than rather say Keebler elves making magical pistols before that cost $300 - $400 more. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's very hubristic of you to assume the vp9 would be a persons only hk firearm. For me it is not. I in no way suggested it was broken nor not operational just merely a potential slack. Also, you should be apperciative of HK producing a firearm to compete with they're competition for it makes the firearm manufacturing as a whole better by making other companies produce such a great firearm at cost and us as the consumers ultimatly benifit. Sorry it might cause "the bandwidth" to slow down but don't worry maybe i'll buy a Walther nexttime.:690:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Bare with me im at work
First, I said nothing about assuming the VP9 was your only HK.
Instead I was making light of the fact as of right now there are 3 or 4 active threads on pro vp9 issue related... and it never stops.
Slide release, need more band aids, won't eject brass etc....
A year and a half of these nonsensical OCD threads.
Search and you might see why I made the comments I did.

Secondly the title to your thread suggests you have the notion something isn't right with your pistol. Again I never said anything about it being inoperable. You questioned the QC @HK not i.

Thirdly I could care less about competing in the striker market
I'll stick with the work horse tried and true hammer fired HK's even
If I have to pay $300 more. I know what I'm getting for that extra chunk of change that's why I went the HK route to begin with.
I have 3 HK 45c's I was a noob here too once...
I was never that OCD about it or saw that around here to this extent until glock priced pistols were introduced.

If it's Walther you covet by all means handle it.
To each their own

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Well at this point thank you for the support and Im sorry for the inconvienence.

No inconvenience. I just suggest that you run a search before hand. With the pistol being out for this time if you've got a question, it's probably been discussed before.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've always felt that suggesting that new members use the search function takes as much time as answering their question. To me, it's like walking in a new grocery store and asking a clerk where may I find the coffee and the clears says: "I suggest you read signs above the isles. We have new people coming in our store all the time asking the same type of questions because they don't bother to read the signage above each isle".
While it is true one can learn a lot from using the search function (I have), there is nothing like a warm hearted welcome to a new member that takes the time to sign up and trust the advice he/she is seeking from our members.
-Battista

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've always felt that suggesting that new members use the search function takes as much time as answering their question. To me, it's like walking in a new grocery store and asking a clerk where may I find the coffee and the clears says: "I suggest you read signs above the isles. We have new people coming in our store all the time asking the same type of questions because they don't bother to read the signage above each isle".
While it is true one can learn a lot from using the search function (I have), there is nothing like a warm hearted welcome to a new member that takes the time to sign up and trust the advice he/she is seeking from our members.
-Battista
What?? Help people? Are you crazy!? Get out of here with that talk!

Democrat. DEMOCRAT! Seize him!

lol, this is why people like firearms instructors and teachers in general should get more credit than most do. I guarantee everyone in this thread, including allbusiness, has asked questions when they started a new job or similar that they could've found on the HR website or in the new hire documents, etc. Probably questions that manager or HR person has already answered a million times. :)

I know, I know...allbusiness will now say he's never worked for a company or he's an entrepreneur who was the one creating the rules or something similar...but, you get my point!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i did search, I perfer to search before only because of the convience of time as well as multiple inputs from creditable people. with that being said To be completly honest I was just being anal, and realized that when i went to the range the nextday after posting this thread, how much i realized i loved the firearm more than i could have thought and the triggerpull was exceptional to experience as well. Tbeir is nothing wrong with it. and i thank bentaville for the greatadvice about not worrying nitpick, just enjoying one of the best strikerfires on the planet. that I did...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts