HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm having this odd issue.

Any ammo, factory or hand loaded, I can fit 15 rounds in easy. But Speer 124 grain+p (factory) I can only fit 14,barely 15 if I CRAM. It's a consistent issue, across all mags. The 15th, when I can fit it, when the mag is inserted, makes the slide hard to rack. They chamber fine, what would make them not fit? It's not like I'm loading 40, and since they chamber fine, I know they're not over sized or anything... Weird.

Looks like, sadly, I won't be carrying gold dots... :/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
Does this happen in all of your VP9 mags? I've never heard of this... None of my VP9 mags has ever presented this problem with any kind of ammo.

Consider disassembling the magazine, cleaning it out, and reassembling.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, all of them. That's the first thing I tried.

It's so weird... I don't even get what could possibly be happening

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Strange. One thing I like about hks is they may have lower capacity mags than some others but they always load and feed reliably. If it's just one brand of ammo then that would seem to be the issue. I'll be interested to hear what happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they new mags? Just stiff? Are you using a loader or just your fingers?
I bought the gun used, so they're used mags. Using the loader that came with the gun(the Hk one) the tooth that pushes the round down is actually beginning to bend to one side because I'm cramming so hard.
wonder if the nickle case is a tiny bit thicker than brass
I think all the ammo I bought was all nickel plated. I ran about 6 different brands of defense ammo though, no other brand had issues, other than one Winchester pdx1 not fully going into battery

If it's just one brand of ammo then that would seem to be the issue. I'll be interested to hear what happens.
Yep, just the one brand. I was hoping to carry it too, cause the Speer gold dot is basically the only bonded HP that can be found as loaded Factory and as just the component, so I can load similar performing practice ammo and carry factory.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe a pic of the gold dots next to the ball ammo? Maybe a bullet profile difference?
I'll try to snap a picture tomorrow. I thought about that too, but how would that affect how many rounds fit in a magazine? I've unloaded and reloaded multiple times, smacking the bottom and back of the mag to make sure the spring isn't binding, etc

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Measure your oaw and oal.
I'll do that. But, if the rounds are even .005 bigger, not only would they not chamber (they all do, in fact, chamber) with 14 that would only be a difference of about 1/16 inch, or .07 inches, which I have more that that much extra space with 15 of any other ammo brand

·
Registered
422 Posts
Interesting.

Never had that problem, or heard of it, with GD.

Just one thing though: I use a Barney mag to chamber a round, remove it, then load my full magazine with SD ammo.

A Barney mag is just a mag with one round.

That way, you aren't trying to cram the 15th round in all the time.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
It would be weird if this was a 100% occurrence problem, but sometimes the rounds don't stagger right when loading. Have you tried giving it a good whack to see if they settle out and make room for the 15th? Usually more a problem with steel but maybe the cases of those tend to stick to each other. Crazymailman might also be on to something with the front of the rounds scraping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It would be weird if this was a 100% occurrence problem, but sometimes the rounds don't stagger right when loading. Have you tried giving it a good whack to see if they settle out and make room for the 15th? Usually more a problem with steel but maybe the cases of those tend to stick to each other. Crazymailman might also be on to something with the front of the rounds scraping.
I have reloaded the mag a ton of times. Whacking the crap out of it after each round. They don't drag on the front of the mag either

1 - 20 of 30 Posts