HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a VP9 Match through my FFL ordered from CDNN Sports, when I opened the case I noticed that there was a spare recoil spring sitting inside the box. The one in the firearm had a red coating on the spring while the ”spare” had a blue coating on it, upon testing both recoil springs the one with the red coating requires more strength in order to pull the slide back.

I didn’t read anywhere in HK’s website that the Match is supposed to come with two recoil springs, has anyone else that purchased a Match also received two recoil springs?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
European SFP9 OR Match pistols come standard with the blue spring, it makes sense they would include both for people shooting hotter rounds or looking to tune recoil.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The first batch of Match's in the US did not come with the second blue spring. But the current ones seem to come with the extra spring.
I gleaned this from both a review of GB adds, and my experience with the pistol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How's the VP9 match shooting for you guys?
For me it’s slightly more accurate than my regular VP9 at 20 ft (first time shooting today), being a “match” pistol it would have been nice if HK included a match trigger instead of the standard one. Making the funnel from the SFP9L available in the US as an option would also make it even sweeter.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just picked up a VP9 Match through my FFL ordered from CDNN Sports, when I opened the case I noticed that there was a spare recoil spring sitting inside the box. The one in the firearm had a red coating on the spring while the ”spare” had a blue coating on it, upon testing both recoil springs the one with the red coating requires more strength in order to pull the slide back.

I didn’t read anywhere in HK’s website that the Match is supposed to come with two recoil springs, has anyone else that purchased a Match also received two recoil springs?
Question if you don’t mind. It sounds like yours was possibly from the “second batch”. Does it have the “antler” proof mark?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Antler proof mark under the trigger guard, if I am not mistaken HK doesn’t put the proof mark on the slide anymore due to new laws in Germany (if I remember correctly from reading another post).

·
Registered
200 Posts
Antler proof mark under the trigger guard, if I am not mistaken HK doesn’t put the proof mark on the slide anymore due to new laws in Germany (if I remember correctly from reading another post).
Thank you. That is my understanding as well. Enjoy the gun!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does the standard VP9 use the same spring as the Match? Curious if the red Match spring could be used in the standard.
Mark

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Both springs fit in my VP9 and the slide racks but didn’t do actual test fire though, I can interchange the standard VP9 frame with the match using their standard springs and both slides rack fine with no issues. My original VP9 spring doesn’t have the factory coating anymore after cleaning it a few times so don’t remember if it was blue or red, best guess they are physically the same dimension wise but different spring strength ratings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts