HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
HK SP5, HK SP5K PDW, HK SP5K EURO, HK 45 Tactical, HK VP9 Tactical OR, HK MR762.
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the brand new VP9 OR tactical And it failed to feed every single shot. Im using 115gr Blazer Brass. So done couple research that I should use 124 gr instead but don't have any ammo to shoot with. Tried to locking the slide for 4 days then took it back to the range and it shoot great no failures. Just mounted Aimpoint Acro on this VP9 and same failure to feed every rounds I shot. Very frustrating and disappointed. My Sig M18 Commemorative ate everything I throw at.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hotter ammo, sure, but it should - and will - work without a suppressor. That would be cool but not a fix. VP9 springs are notoriously stiff out of the box.

Find four or five boxes of 124gr NATO. It's out there, I think I saw it for 70¢/round at Midway USA.

Or rack the slide a thousand times.

_
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

·
Premium Member
HK SP5, HK SP5K PDW, HK SP5K EURO, HK 45 Tactical, HK VP9 Tactical OR, HK MR762.
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are not happy with it. I would be happy to buy from you
I will buy hotter ammo. And see if it will work otherwise will consider selling it.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The answer is hotter ammo or a suppressor.
I have a suppressor for my Sig but I have to order new piston for the HK. Hopefully It will work.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Blazer Brass 115gr is pretty weak.

It won’t cycle my Glock 45, and is unreliable in other guns I have. I haven’t tried it recently in my VP9. I tried some 124gr Hornady FMJ over 7.5gr of Accurate #7 and the VP9 likes it a lot. Ejection is strong with these reloads.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

It won’t cycle my Glock 45, and is unreliable in other guns I have. I haven’t tried it recently in my VP9. I tried some 124gr Hornady FMJ over 7.5gr of Accurate #7 and the VP9 likes it a lot. Ejection is strong with these reloads.
I got 2k rounds from Ar15.com before I bought vp9 anyway I'll try to get couple boxes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have shot some Blazer 9mm with my VP9 at the gun range and it works fine. It was for sale at range so I bought a few boxes. I broke my VP9 with combination of NATO 9mm rounds but also some Fiocchi 115gr 9mm rounds as well.

·
Some gun guy
192 Posts
Is this a common occurrence with post 2017 VP9's when they're new?
I'm looking at adding a 2020 or 2021 VP9 to my stable to go with my 2016. If it just takes some shooting to break it in, I do have a few hundred rounds of 124gr and 147gr Hydra Shok that's like three years old at this point that probably needs to be taken out of rotation. I assume that would suffice.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Is that the 2021 VP9 with suppressor height sights or did you add them?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Is this a common occurrence with post 2017 VP9's when they're new?
I'm looking at adding a 2020 or 2021 VP9 to my stable to go with my 2016. If it just takes some shooting to break it in, I do have a few hundred rounds of 124gr and 147gr Hydra Shok that's like three years old at this point that probably needs to be taken out of rotation. I assume that would suffice.
Why would you take three year-old ammo "out of rotation?"

_
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A few weeks ago, I took my then-new VP9L to the range and put close to 200 rounds of 20-year old 115gr 9mm that came from somewhere through it. This was from a bulk buy I split with a friend 20+ years ago, but it's well made and has always been clean. That said, it never missed a beat in the VP9L. Mine does have the red recoil spring in it though.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
I've run Blazer 115 gr FMJ through my VP9 with no issues at all.

But I'm a little confused by your post - after leaving the slide locked open for 4 days, you went back to the range and it ran fine? With the same ammo or different ammo? But then you added an optic and it stopped feeding properly again?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've run Blazer 115 gr FMJ through my VP9 with no issues at all.

But I'm a little confused by your post - after leaving the slide locked open for 4 days, you went back to the range and it ran fine? With the same ammo or different ammo? But then you added an optic and it stopped feeding properly again?
Yup same ammo. Locked 4 days and it ran fine. Then added the optic on it and it stopped feeding. Bought 2k rounds 9mm Blazer.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is that the 2021 VP9 with suppressor height sights or did you add them?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
2021 model with suppressor height sights.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A few weeks ago, I took my then-new VP9L to the range and put close to 200 rounds of 20-year old 115gr 9mm that came from somewhere through it. This was from a bulk buy I split with a friend 20+ years ago, but it's well made and has always been clean. That said, it never missed a beat in the VP9L. Mine does have the red recoil spring in it though.
Mine came with the black recoil spring.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts