HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got about 800 rounds through my VP9 and up to yesterday I've only had only one self-induced malfunction - fat thumb on the slide stop, and one where a steel case didn't want to extract/eject.

Yesterday, however, the slide released when slamming home a fresh magazine, a couple times at the range and several more times experimenting at home.

Oddly, the first insert (with side locked back) would be fine; drop the loaded mag and insert a second time and the side would release. I did this five of six times and it behaved the same way. FWIW, I tend to hit it pretty hard with the heel of my hand, having been raised on 1911s (which also explains the fat thumb on slide release syndrome).

I might also mention that before I cleaned the gun, every time I hit the empty magwell the side would release. But after cleaning it would not (?). However, it still released on the second mag insertion, using several different loaded magazines.

Anyone else notice this issue? I have a cop friend who says his Glock does that all the time & says it's faster anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that link. Interesting comments, but the ones that caught my eye were about 100% or random maybe-it-will-maybe-it-won't occurrences.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
i like that it happens, the bad is: relying on it in a actual situation. wether it happens is luck O'The draw.
at the range, i find it a nice show off/conversation starter. added combat feature :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just means it breaking in, they all do it at some point after the slide release is well worn. As long as it's still locking back on an empty chamber, it's fine.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mine (3,000+ rounds) does it if I'm at the square range and slam it home.

At a match, I'm not usually doing slide-lock reloads unless I screw up. But if it happens, it happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
HK says it's a feature. I tend to not drink the Koolaid.
But, if it's shaving off tenths in a match and 100% doing so, then hey, whatever works...
The problem is if it's only 98%. You're dropping 200ms on 2% of the reloads.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Auto forward is awesome. All my HKs do it while some other pistols I have don't. My 12 year old daughter thinks it's the coolest trick, says she feels like Jane Bond

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Kinda scared me the first time it happened. I don't typically slam mags so it's very rare for me, but now that I know about it I don't mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts