HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell HK fam. I was wondering what your all experiences with different varriants . I have a friend that has a v1 . Also I know they come with the LEM. Whats the best . Thanks

·
Banned
60 Posts
Depending on the caliber, I think the 50 BMG is the best in LEM then V1. Hahaha no just kidding the 45-70 is the best....

·
Banned
60 Posts
Just messing with you man and welcome to the fam. whatever you need help with I'm happy to help. And the VP has no variants. Only a set up with Mepro Night sights and an extra magazine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I walked into this. But a friend said his box say vp9 v1 . And I figured it came with different varriants one like usp line. Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nope, it either comes with the standard luminescent sights and two magazines, or tritium night sights and three magazines.

I got the night sight version with three mags. It's a better value IMO given the moderate increase in price. If you buy another magazine, and then buy night sites, and pay to have them installed, I think you'll end up paying more.

·
Registered
111 Posts
^Like he says. Unless you are going to mod it (like myself), there is no reason not to buy a LE version.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
VP9 and 40 are as-is, perfect out of the box striker fired from the originator of striker fired systems.

V1 etc. are for the other series like USP series/P-series/HK45 series etc. V1 can be confusing as variant 1 in the USP is DA/SA and in the other series it implies V1, light LEM.
Visit HK-USA.com for more details and also make the search feature here your best friend as there are many good threads already there awaiting you with the answers you are after.
Bottom line, buy all the HKs in all the series you possibly can. Trust me, its the cure for depression and puts smiles on faces that do it.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
As previously mentioned, there is no VP9 LEM (only the hammer pistols offer a "LEM"... my first pistol was a P30L 9MM LEM)... it's the "LE" version which just means it comes with a 3rd magazine and tritium night sights (my VP40 LE came with Meprolight Tru-Dots)... I LOVE both my VPs!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Thanks guys ! Looking forward to adding to the family.
Shop our vendors here... I've seen new VPs for under $500 recently. Pays to look around. Classifieds here too.
You will love the VP9 or 40. They are great tools.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just go with the LE night sight version. I didn't and bought the sights later. Now I need a few magazines!
You will absolutely want the third magazine, so unless you know you will replace the factory night sights (which are excellent to start), I agree that the lE package is the obvious choice.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got the regular vp9 and wished I wouldve bought the LE because I want another magazine and I have bought sights so I'm already over what I wouldve paid

I also would've got the FDE, now I'm think of cerakoting the polymer to match my glock in OD green

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
LEs are even more of a deal now than they used to be. They were around $100 more than standard back when I got mine, now they seem to hover around $50 extra. The extra mag alone is almost worth that.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Honestly I think the standard luminescent are better daytime sights. And if you don't want the meprolights it's just a little bit cheaper for the standard + a spare magazine.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
At this point, they should ditch the standard and just make LE versions lol
Sights are so personal in choice, I'd rather HK offer that standard sights over the LE version, if they were to offer only one version. That way, I save a few bucks on the original purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As previously mentioned, there is no VP9 LEM (only the hammer pistols offer a "LEM"... my first pistol was a P30L 9MM LEM)... it's the "LE" version which just means it comes with a 3rd magazine and tritium night sights (my VP40 LE came with Meprolight Tru-Dots)... I LOVE both my VPs!
So is the LE version the one with night sights or is there both an LE version and a version with night sights? I'm just trying to understand before I buy one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts