HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

First time gun owner, decided to go with the VP9.

I've noticed that when the gun is cocked something sounds like it is sliding around when I tip it forward and backward. It doesn't happen when it is not cocked. Just curious if this is normal or something I should look into. It is brand new if that matters, just got it home but of course I didn't notice it at the shop...

Thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
I don't have a VP9 so I can't check if mine does it. Since you are a first time gun owner it would be a good idea to take the slide off and see if there is anything flopping around in there. It is a good to get familiar with your gun. Follow instructions in manual and field strip it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No round chambered, totally empty. I saw a review on youtube and that VP9 was doing the same thing so I'm not concerned. But if you don't mind checking I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Mine doesn't do that. If you shake it hard enough you're bound to hear some rattle though. How hard are you moving it to hear the 'sliding'? Rounds in an inserted magazine may slide forward and back. Could be the firing pin I guess. Safety first, make sure it's unloaded. Cock it and hold it level or pointing up. Make sure you can see the red indicator in the witness hole of the slide end plate. Then tip the muzzle down. If the red dot disappears, your firing pin isn't being held to the rear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine does not make any noise when tilted front to back. If you shake it hard side to side, you can hear a very slight amount of slide rattle.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
No round chambered, totally empty. I saw a review on youtube and that VP9 was doing the same thing so I'm not concerned. But if you don't mind checking I'd appreciate it.
My two do the same thing. Tilting right to left in a shaking fashion. It doesn't do it muzzle up and down.

It does it with a snap-cap to simulate a loaded round, without a round, and empty un-cocked.

I've never had any issues and had never paid attention.

Both guns have at least 1500 rounds through them.

I'm not worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello

First time gun owner, decided to go with the VP9.

I've noticed that when the gun is cocked something sounds like it is sliding around when I tip it forward and backward. It doesn't happen when it is not cocked. Just curious if this is normal or something I should look into. It is brand new if that matters, just got it home but of course I didn't notice it at the shop...

Thanks
When you say it's "cocked" do you mean the slide is locked back with no magazine inserted? If so, then the barrel is not locked at that point and will float around/rattle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine doesn't do that. If you shake it hard enough you're bound to hear some rattle though. How hard are you moving it to hear the 'sliding'? Rounds in an inserted magazine may slide forward and back. Could be the firing pin I guess. Safety first, make sure it's unloaded. Cock it and hold it level or pointing up. Make sure you can see the red indicator in the witness hole of the slide end plate. Then tip the muzzle down. If the red dot disappears, your firing pin isn't being held to the rear.

Here's a video of it, sorry about the quality it's from my phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUeLK_jD0nc

·
Registered
152 Posts
Like Klaustrophobia said, does the red dot move when the sliding noise is occurring? That sounds like it has enough heft and travel to be the firing pin.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine makes a similar noise, but not as loud and I have to shake it way harder. Like you're shaking a bottle of nail polish. Noise seems to come from the area where the webbing of your thumb and index finger are.

It's so little, that in the gun shop with people talking, you can't hear it. Only in my home with the TV off can it be heard.

IDK if it was there before, but for some reason, I decided to shake my VP hard. And like yours, it only makes noise when shook up and down and when ready to fire (cocked). Shaking left and right, no sound.

I also took apart the slide and frame and shook each...and no sound.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just checked mine, shook it hard enough the slide moved...no rattle (no mag in, no round in chamber, just "cocked") I would get the book out, break it down, clean it and look around as others suggested

1 - 18 of 18 Posts