HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased the pistol and barrel long before the tactical version came out, have 3000 rounds through the pistol without a single malfunction. Can paperwork finally came in and was able to shoot the illusion over the weekend, 100rds of 147gr and functioned flawlessly with original recoil spring. Plan was to buy the new HK tactical barrel and the VP40 recoil assembly but not sure its worth it as I have had 0 issues thus far. Anyone in a similar position?

·
Registered
73 Posts
You can go by what the user above me said or you can go by "better to be safe than sorry" if you use it for home defense. Id buy the recoil sprung for the vp40 just to be a little more reassured on reliability.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If it ain't broke don't fix it
Yup. Although just the recoil spring wouldn't be unreasonable, even if not necessary. I think it's like $40. Up to you, but personally I would continue to test the current setup with a variety of loads and if it stays reliable probably not bother.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
You can go by what the user above me said or you can go by "better to be safe than sorry" if you use it for home defense. Id buy the recoil sprung for the vp40 just to be a little more reassured on reliability.
Agreed. My comments were based on range toy. If it's for HD/CCW you want the most reliable set up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts