1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Several thoughts from other posts:

- Efficiency as VP9T needs it to run suppressed
- Why have 2?
- a bit harder to push muzzle into object and have VP9 come out of battery

I just ordered two from HK CS, expected to arrive in US third week of March.....good news is the price for two shipped was about $15 more than just one (old Red style) from HKParts.

Just break it in with few hundred rounds of Q4318 Win NATO or other hotter 124g loads, then will eat anything just like the red spring did.

HK CS rep even mentioned will require short break-in period, which was nice of them.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I bought a stainless spring from HK Parts thinking it would help mitigate the failure to go into battery issue I was having. They list the same part for VP9 and VP40. But it's more of the same. I'll have to get a VP40 spring when they get here.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
CS has probably gotten tired of calls about the VP9 having failures since the change and decided to try to head that off at the pass :p
Failures? Running cream puff ammo in a combat handgun? Neither of my high volume (10k plus each) VP9s had any issue since day one, started with Blazer Brass 115, cuz it was cheap. Running few hundred rounds of 4318 is no big deal, I prefer running warmer 124s now anyway.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Failures? Running cream puff ammo in a combat handgun? Neither of my high volume (10k plus each) VP9s had any issue since day one, started with Blazer Brass 115, cuz it was cheap. Running few hundred rounds of 4318 is no big deal, I prefer running warmer 124s now anyway.
I have had the same experience with both my BE date code VP9s. About 3000rds+ between them shooting Wally mart WWB 115gr without a single bobble. I'm likely to pick up the 40 spring when I get around to buying a threaded barrel to use one as a suppressor host but until then mine do not need the stronger spring. I expect many others are in the same boat.

·
Registered
119 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.