HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I was finally able to the new VP9 to the range today. This is the model with the night sights that glow if exposed to light. At 30', this is a very accurate weapon, it has a very controllable recoil and the great trigger.
I supposed I could have Googled this topic before going to the range, but are these sights combat sights where the front sight should sit on top of the rear sights? Or, should all the sights be level with each other? From my shooting today, I'm pretty sure the front sight should sit on the target and just above the rear sights.

Thanks for the input,

Steve

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hello All,

I was finally able to the new VP9 to the range today. This is the model with the night sights that glow if exposed to light. At 30', this is a very accurate weapon, it has a very controllable recoil and the great trigger.
I supposed I could have Googled this topic before going to the range, but are these sights combat sights where the front sight should sit on top of the rear sights? Or, should all the sights be level with each other? From my shooting today, I'm pretty sure the front sight should sit on the target and just above the rear sights.

Thanks for the input,

Steve
Should be sight picture #3

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Align the dots and cover what you wish to destroy with the front sight. This is standard practice with HK pistols.

BTW, the sights you have are the basic sights. They are not true night sights. The VP9 pistols sold in the USA all are equipped with either the sights OP has, or the Meprolight tritium night sights.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you have non-HK guns it might be easier to swap out the front site. That is the one thing I hate about HK's, everything else I own is top of the sight post.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Every pistol Ive owned has been sight pic #3. What are y'all shooting that isn't?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
#2 and if not I change the sights.
What do you use for replacement fronts? I'm with you I prefer the center hold sight picture too.

HK only has 2 heights on their front sights for the P30s/VP9 for sale, unless I'm missing more options somewhere

·
Registered
652 Posts
What do you use for replacement fronts? I'm with you I prefer the center hold sight picture too.

HK only has 2 heights on their front sights for the P30s/VP9 for sale, unless I'm missing more options somewhere

Have not changed mine yet, however I never use factory sights as on any gun they are usually crap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Page 16 of the pdf manual for the VP9 shows sight picture #2 in post 3 as being the correct sight picture. If that isn't right, what is the height of the standard front sight? 5.9 is the lowest I saw offered (to move the POI up if the standard is taller than that).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just tried out my new VP9 using sight picture 2 as I do with other pistols and as the manual recommend. It shoots precise groups that are quite low. A friend of mine has the same gun with the same sights as mine (tritium) and his is accurate using sight picture 2.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Is sight picture #2 considered a "6 o'clock hold"? And if the manual says sight picture 2 why is everyone saying all Hk's are sight picture 3? Now I'm confused:)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Align the dots and cover what you wish to destroy with the front sight. This is standard practice with HK pistols.

BTW, the sights you have are the basic sights. They are not true night sights. The VP9 pistols sold in the USA all are equipped with either the sights OP has, or the Meprolight tritium night sights.
Exactly what he said. Put the front dot on whatever your trying to hit and it goes there.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts

Heinie HK 45, 45C & P30 & P30L & VP9- EZ-Lock Ledge QWIK Straight Eight Night

1 - 20 of 32 Posts