HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I have one more question for you guys, or two.

If I pull the trigger on my VP9 (unloaded). Then try to pull the slide back while the trigger is still pressed down. It seems to battle me a little. I can still get the slide to go back, but I feel something catch when I do. (might be the firing pin resetting or something). Just feels a little clunky. (See video)

Just wanted to post on here and find out if that is normal for these pistols.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Heyas Q. IMO, no it's not. From your vid, it looks almost like you're pressing through a lock up. It should be more like you're barely pulling it hard enough to trip a switch. Well aside from however hard your's needs to pull the recoil spring.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Ummm, why? Seriously, I don't get it. It sticks a little with trigger pulled back and you rack it...why or when would you do this and for what purpose? I'll have to try it on one of mine now, got me curious.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Normally I do this to test the reset. I can pull the slide back just fine if I go fast though. If I don’t go to fast, it sticks. Does anyone else’s do that?

I may go to the stores tomorrow and try other vp9s.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On another note, anyone know if I can still send in my vp9 to hk(warranty) if I have a firing pin sleeve from HK parts installed?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
On another note, anyone know if I can still send in my vp9 to hk(warranty) if I have a firing pin sleeve from HK parts installed?
I'm sure they'll work on it, though think I read where if modified then it's on you...can't blame them if true either.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I can feel a little extra on mine when doing that but it's so minimal that if you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't notice it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Wanted to update you guys.

So I went to a couple gun shops and tried 2 other vp9, 1 vp9sk and a vp40

All of them did it. Must be me being a pansy and not ever noticing it before. In fact even the glock 19 does it and never noticed.

Side note: My wife carries a CZ p10c and hers doesn’t do it. Nether does our Sig p226 or CZ shadow custom

So interesting, but now that I know it’s normal I can live with it.

Thanks folks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts