HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I’m Chas. I’m new to the forum and I have a problem with my slide not going back after the last round. I cleaned my gun extremely well and I tried it today using 4 magazines. In the last magazine, it did not go back all the way on the last round. I probably put in close to 2000 rounds in 3 months which is how long I’ve had this gun. Do any of you guys have any idea why it won’t go back all the way on the last round? I would appreciate any input on this. Thanks.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,794 Posts
It’s your grip

Plenty on this topic on this site

·
Registered
363 Posts
It’s your grip

Plenty on this topic on this site
This!
I shoot a lot of different pistols, and although I love the VP9, one does have to be VERY careful where they put their thumbs. Never had a VP9 fail to last round hold open if I pay attention to my grip. If I forget, it happens regularly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for your answer! I know now it was me not my AWESOME VP9. I will pay and keep Attention to my grip.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
For what it's worth I am a range safety officer at a public range, I have seen many handgun shooters the last year. It amazes me how many shooters think they know how to stand and hold a gun. You would not believe the things I have seen. When I entered law enforcement I was forced to shoot and follow all the techniques the range staff taught.,. We had to follow their course of instruction exactly or not graduate. On the positive side I have helped many handgun shooters learn good techniques and improve how they shoot. Myself and one other retired LE offer help, we have yet to encounter a shooter that refused help or advise. It is personally rewarding for us to see improvement from the shooters at the range.

·
Banned
37 Posts
I had same problem with my Vp9sk. It was my grip. Experiment with the different grip panels to find a proper grip that doesn’t put your hand in contact with the slide release. For example, I found adding the large blackstrap fixed it for me.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Welcome and congrats on a great pistol. The slide releases are in a place that can make it easy to rest your thumb on them and prevent the slide from locking back. I am left handed and I don't think I have ever had a vp9 lock open on an empty mag lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the VP9 is a very functional firearm. It's reliable in most aspects. I have owned 3-4 at different times (I'm one of those weirdos who trade and trade and trade). I agree with the sentiments that it may be your grip. It does have a HUGE slide lock.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I have a decent collection of HKs and yet to have had a failure, save 5 rounds of bad ammo that wouldn't chamber, and never once in cumulative 75K+ rounds had a slide not lock back. I don't think it's luck. Good suggestions to follow above, still waiting for my main range toy VP9 to need anything other than cleaning, which sometimes I neglect to do for a while. 26K and still going like the Energizer Bunny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts