HKPRO Forums banner

VP9 Stippling

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tmbrwulf 
#1 ·
Hey gents, I've noticed Glocks and M&P getting crap tons of stippling... some look great and some don't. I personally don't stipple my weapons but after handling a couple, I can see where there is some merit to that type of texturing. I saw this on IG and thought it the person did an amazing job and would like to share it here. I can't say I've seen this type of work on a VP9.

See less See more
#3 ·
Stippler did a great job blending between all three of the backstraps. I've seen a lot of dudes try to stippled and blend backstraps on Gen 4 Glocks and they often didn't end up looking pretty whatsoever.

That being said though, it looks like he turned down the finger grooves some and dug into the frame a little. It can be seen around the lanyard loop area as well as underneath the trigger guard. This makes the frame overall thinner in those sections. Wouldn't that in turn make the frame weaker? I figured somebody would rather stipple on the surface than get deeper into the surface.

Speaking of stippled VP9s though, this also looks pretty sexy (not mine, was looking at stippled USPs): Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

#5 · (Edited)
Ive done tons of stipple jobs but only one VP9. The only thing that was distinctly different in the plastic was the stippled areas had a red tint to it. I ended up painting the textured areas black to match the rest of the pistol. It came out looking great. I like the rough varied texture on the one in the pictures above. He did a great job on the edging.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.