HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a VP9 Tactical yesterday. For me it shoots the best of any HK 9mm pistol. I have fired almost all of them: P7, P9S, VP70, USP, P30, P2000.

Here are a couple of pics:

First with my MR556A1 and with an AAC silencer.

14525112_1186450361411514_1752232474422517429_o.jpg

Next, the best group of the day at 21 ft:

14494623_1187206284669255_6471641813472568435_n.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice grouping for 21ft. Im interested myself in purchasing a suppressor for my VP9. I'm eyeing the Griffin Armament Rev 9 and the Surefire Ryder 9. Do you by chance have either?

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I bought a VP9 Tactical yesterday. For me it shoots the best of any HK 9mm pistol. I have fired almost all of them: P7, P9S, VP70, USP, P30, P2000.

Here are a couple of pics:

First with my MR556A1 and with an AAC silencer.

View attachment 63673

Next, the best group of the day at 21 ft:

View attachment 63681
Nice setup and glad you are having good performance with it! I am planning a Tirant 9 for my VP9T

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice grouping for 21ft. Im interested myself in purchasing a suppressor for my VP9. I'm eyeing the Griffin Armament Rev 9 and the Surefire Ryder 9. Do you by chance have either?
I do not have either of those. Mine are limited to AAC and Gemtech from over a decade ago. They still work though.

There are a lot of intriguing designs out there today. Make sure to get one where you can easily change out the piston to the LH 13x1M thread. I change my AAC Evo 9 from 1/2"x28 to LH 13x1M and back with no problems.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice shooting. Any poi shift? Hows the suppressed sight picture? I will never understand why HK stopped putting suppressor sights on their newer "tactical" pistols.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice shooting. Any poi shift? Hows the suppressed sight picture? I will never understand why HK stopped putting suppressor sights on their newer "tactical" pistols.
Thanks. No noticeable POI shift. The older AAC Evo 9 I have was about 1/10" higher than the front sight. I do wish the sights were that much taller. I shoot with both eyes open and the best group I posted was with the suppressor.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations on the newest acquisition--- nice placement!!! :biggrin:

Tony
Thanks, Tony! I made sure to stop by HK's booth at AUSA and tell them how I appreciate the VP9 Tactical. Steve G. said I was the first customer to give him feedback since the release.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First time owner, picked up my VP9 Tactical on Tuesday -went straight to the range and shot 150 wounds without a hiccup - one question I can not find an answer to, do you need to, or should you, keep the Nut on the threaded barrel when you are shooting -obviously I mean when there are no attachments like a silencer. Should I take and keep the nut off when shooting? It seems that I had to tighten it every other clip or so. thanks...

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts

·
Priest of the P7
5,037 Posts
First time owner, picked up my VP9 Tactical on Tuesday -went straight to the range and shot 150 wounds without a hiccup - one question I can not find an answer to, do you need to, or should you, keep the Nut on the threaded barrel when you are shooting -obviously I mean when there are no attachments like a silencer. Should I take and keep the nut off when shooting? It seems that I had to tighten it every other clip or so. thanks...
I imagine you're talking about the thread protector. It's a good idea to keep the threads covered so they are not damaged if you drop the pistol or swing it into something hard, etc. I haven't tried it yet, but I've read here and there that you can use clear nail polish on the threads to keep it from loosening up while still being able to remove it when you want to. Remember -- I haven't personally tried it yet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Haven't had an issue with it on my VP9T. I'll sometimes check every 100 rds or when i get back home from shooting and it will be half turn loose. I guess it really depends on what type of shooting you're doing on whether or not its worth removing it before going shooting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As suggested keep the thread protector on and a small dot of any nail polish or low strength locktite will be enough to hold it.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Capemod, 150 wounds! Was there a lot of blood! (Just kidding)
Each person has his own ideas but with my USP45 T ( which I no longer have) I worried about the threads without a protector so I bought a TP from a member vendor. However, I realized the threads are just as tough as the rest of the barrel and besides, I never hit the barrel on anything. I felt fine with or without the TP while at a civilized range. Now crawling through the dirt and gravel is a different story.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts