HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Members'
My name is Tom and I just recently became a member.
I have seen other posts relating to the trigger reset issue on some VP9 s. I just wanted to talk about the problem I am having on my new VP9.
I noticed that for the first firing of the gun the trigger was not resetting. After trying a couple of different things I took the gun to a friend of mine who manages the indoor range and he had no problems with the reset. I noticed that he was slapping the trigger and not riding the reset on dry fire. He noticed when I dry fire riding the reset the reset would not work and he was at a loss because he doesn't ride the reset like I do. When I got home I started to play around with the trigger using my Ruger 9E as a comparison gun. I found out that when I fire the VP9 and hold the trigger back using a fair amount of force the slide will not retract. I know this is user induced as this did not occur when I was live firing 15 rounds nor does this happen on my 9E. I have also noticed that problems begin to show up when I am in the over travel range of the trigger. If I can stay out of that range then the reset woks fine. Is this an out of spec part or is it my style of using the trigger reset?
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Members'
My name is Tom and I just recently became a member.
I have seen other posts relating to the trigger reset issue on some VP9 s. I just wanted to talk about the problem I am having on my new VP9.
I noticed that for the first firing of the gun the trigger was not resetting. After trying a couple of different things I took the gun to a friend of mine who manages the indoor range and he had no problems with the reset. I noticed that he was slapping the trigger and not riding the reset on dry fire. He noticed when I dry fire riding the reset the reset would not work and he was at a loss because he doesn't ride the reset like I do. When I got home I started to play around with the trigger using my Ruger 9E as a comparison gun. I found out that when I fire the VP9 and hold the trigger back using a fair amount of force the slide will not retract. I know this is user induced as this did not occur when I was live firing 15 rounds nor does this happen on my 9E. I have also noticed that problems begin to show up when I am in the over travel range of the trigger. If I can stay out of that range then the reset woks fine. Is this an out of spec part or is it my style of using the trigger reset?
Thanks
Tom
My early VP9 does the same thing. It feels like a false reset before the actual reset.

I finally decided it would be nice to solve the issue, so I called HK and they sent me an RMA to return it for warranty work.

Apparently it was a common problem in the early VP9’s but HK didn’t talk about it, just quietly came up with a fix. People that posted about it here in the early days got rode out of town on a rail.

There are some Youtube videos on it too, but they got lots of “thumbs down”, and negative comments.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hi Tom! Welcome to the boards!
I'm sorry that you came in, with a problem on your VP9 tho!
You need to call or email HK. So that you can get that fixed.
1) Very first thing I noticed about your post, is that you mentioned overtravel. There is no overtravel on the VP9 trigger, after it breaks. It should hit the wall, snap, and then that's as far as it should go. There will be some forward slack, when it resets, but no rearward travel after the break.

Just from what I can read from your post, and NOT having mine here with me at the moment, I'd say that for whatever reason, your trigger is moving back further than it's supposed to, and thats got it at an angle that the parts aren't catching the way it's supposed to, during the reset phase.
Get in touch with them, the CS for HK is fantastic, very helpful and enthusiastic. Usually have about a week or 1.5 week turnaround for most known issues.
Get her back, and enjoy shooting the hell outta her ;)

Hope this helps :)
-DW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts