HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got delayed on the background check Mon. for my vp9sk then got the call it was approved Tue. Picked it up Wed. And was planning to shoot on Thur. at my firearms training but had to work late so went Fri. to the range but it was reserved for another function. I was finally able to shoot it this morning.

Inspection revealed it has the white QC mark on spring and seems to go into battery, just kind of light at beginning of what would be recoil. I was able to keep it out of battery once but I really had to try. (read the thread about that issue) I gave it a cleaning before first shoot and noticed a small pinhole sized chip in the finish at the right rear side of the slide (nothing that will affect function) I,ll keep an eye on it for signs of it getting worse.

Shot 200 rounds (100 Winchester 124gr and 100 Blazer 124gr) It ran flawlessly except for one failure to slide lock due to my grip. I have this issue with not all but a few of my pistols. Rather than limiting myself to the pistols I can shoot I have adjusted my grip to make sure my strong hand thumb does not ride the slide release. My VP9 and VP9sk are the most touchy of the pistols that I have this issue with while my P320rx I have no issue at all. Just waiting for muscle memory to kick in on my grip when drawing and I'd say with only 1 out of 20 not going to slide lock I'm getting there.

I would love to hear from any other members who have an issue with slide lock on the VP series and if they found any other fix besides adjusting their grip.

I really like this gun. Very accurate and easy to shoot. Looking forward to my next HK, the HK45!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am a lefty and primarily a 1911 shooter. I have issues with the right-side release on my VP9SK...mostly because it is on a long lever. My thumb doesn’t ride it, but if it even touches it in the slightest the slide doesn’t lock.

I just keep working on my hand placement as it doesn’t impact how I shoot either this or my 1911s. My plan is for the VP9SK to be in my primary lineup of carry pistols (I have 2 micros for warm weather and a Dan Wesson 9mm is my primary winter). I’ll retire the Glock 19 and trade towards something else for fun shooting. I really love the VP9SK to pieces...my favorite factory striker to date!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a lefty and primarily a 1911 shooter. I have issues with the right-side release on my VP9SK...mostly because it is on a long lever. My thumb doesn’t ride it, but if it even touches it in the slightest the slide doesn’t lock.

I just keep working on my hand placement as it doesn’t impact how I shoot either this or my 1911s. My plan is for the VP9SK to be in my primary lineup of carry pistols (I have 2 micros for warm weather and a Dan Wesson 9mm is my primary winter). I’ll retire the Glock 19 and trade towards something else for fun shooting. I really love the VP9SK to pieces...my favorite factory striker to date!
My plan is also to work on hand placement, I also noticed that if my thumb touches the slide lock in the slightest it won't lock back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts