HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Federal Match Gold Medal .45 semi-wadcutter ammo? any feeding problems in an HK USP fullsize .45?
What other match target rounds do you like for IPSA?
I also shoot HK USPf .4o at times, limited-10 and production.
Arthur

·
Registered
802 Posts
You don't need match ammo for IPSC. Unless you are shooting Nationals with 50 yard standards, regular ammo will work fine.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, lets just say I'm not there yet, but I would like to be.
Anybody have any experiance with these loads?
Arthur

·
Registered
802 Posts
If you are not there yet, better take up reloading. For the amount of ammo you need to shoot, Match ammo will make you broke. Plus you really don't need to run match ammo, it's a waste of money. 99% of the shooting you will do is under 25 yards. The Walmart WWB is fine. You don't need to spend anymore money on "match" ammo. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use Federal Match Gold Metal at an IPSC match.

·
Registered
143 Posts
FYI... If anyone wants some good match quality ammo for a reasonable price check out www.atlantaarmsandammo.com. They make a lot of ammo for competitors and factory teams. I shoot their .40 reloads in Major power factor out of my USP40f. They are RIGHT at the PF limit for me. I chrono'd them at 166.5 PF. So you can't get any softer on recoil and shoot major.

Their .40 reload is $188/1K rounds.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, just found the Federals at Midway, $723 per 1,000 , ouch
Right now I'm still using Magtech FMJ. Not ready to go down the do-it-yourself reload road. But that Atlanta arms looks interesting.
Anyone else? what are you using for IPSA limited-10 major power matches?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've fired over 500 wadcutter handloads through my Tactical .45 with no problems. I use Remington 185 grain FMJ wadcutters over 5.3 grains of Bullseye. COL is 1.16 inches, which leaves about 1/32 inch of the bullet's bearing surface forward of the case mouth.

·
Registered
802 Posts
No one shoots true wadcutters (cylindrical bullet with no taper). I'd be surprise if you can actually get them to feed.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Federal rounds are simi's and jacketed
anyone have experiance with these? any feeding problems in an HK USP 45f?
Still looking for some actual practical
THANKS
Arthur

·
Registered
66 Posts
I use Hornady 200 grain jacketed SWC's in my handloads for my USP .45.

I make a very light load similar to the Federal match load, probably about 850 fps. I seat the bullets long, 1.277". My USP has no problem feeding them.

Recoil is very low, the brass ejects only about four feet, but the slide locks back on every empty mag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts