HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to the overwhelming success of the product line, wait times are fairly extensive at the moment. It appears to have become a poking point for some as I find myself taking jabs on various other forums, but I guess that's the price I pay for doing it right :)

Average wait times (will update periodically):

Updated: 5/2012

- Roller-lock builds is 6-8 months
- SL8 to G36 conversions 12+ months
- USC to UMP conversions 4-6 months
- Misc gunsmithing 2-3 months

As always, thank you for your patience and on-going support :)
Joe

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the update . I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Quality takes time . Skill takes time to be aquired , rushing anything worth while seldom if ever gets the desired results

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
and now you know why the good custom smiths rarely have more than a few employees and wait times become extremely long.

Keep up the quality work, and don't be tempted for volume vs quality. Century already has the bottom of the market well covered.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
If I were closer I'd help out, Joe. Being a bit of a perfectionist, I'd fit right in. I'd even work the first two weeks for free so you could evaluate my performance at no cost.
But since there is only one of me and he lives here, keep up the quality and the good work. People will gladly wait on a quality product.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Joe,

For what it's worth it WAS worth the wait. Mine is perfect!

Thanks,

Chuck N.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Joe,

I have a parts kit in line, waiting for you to put it together. I personally don't care how long it takes so long as the end product is as perfect as everyone says. Thanks.

Tom

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
The fact you are keeping your customers up to speed on the longer than expected build time speaks volumes in my opinion .
You are explaining your situation to your customers .
Shouldn't be a problem.
Keep up the hard work & you'll get caught up !

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Curious, but what are your wait times right now and do you expect turnaround to speed up any time soon?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do them most, of the time, 2-3 guns at a time. The only time I will go out of order is when I have a re-barrel or something else non-build. In that event, I'll pull several similiar jobs to get the most productivity out of the tooling change.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I do them most, of the time, 2-3 guns at a time. The only time I will go out of order is when I have a re-barrel or something else non-build. In that event, I'll pull several similiar jobs to get the most productivity out of the tooling change.
Any word on USC to UMP conversions?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
232 Posts
my oldest 4's are 5+ months
I expect turn time to get MUCH MUCH MUCH slower once the new forms w/o CLEO sign off get published.
I think he meant just work from them in general not BATFE wait times. I was told today 120 Days wait roughly so 92 or so to go for this guy

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
I think he meant just work from them in general not BATFE wait times. I was told today 120 Days wait roughly so 92 or so to go for this guy
No what I meant was BATF wait queues for processing ANY NFA paper work.

When you have many areas that had no way for and individual to purchase NFA items because no CLEO would sign off there is an unsatisfied demand. When you remove that sign off requirement we will in a very short period of time see hundreds, if not thousands of new applicaitons get sent to ATF for processing. With no change in staffing level at ATF that can only cause a increase in wait times.

It depends a bit on what state you are in, and what examiner you have, but looking at nfatracker it looks like folks who are getting applications back right now sent in the forms in early - mid September. Thats about 6 months.. and those are the FASTEST that are getting approved. If you look at other applications some are up in the 9 months range.

·
Registered
232 Posts
None of that sounds good for me . Get pistol in June submit paperwork . Then wait till December till forms are back . Ugh

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
None of that sounds good for me . Get pistol in June submit paperwork . Then wait till December till forms are back . Ugh
I'm doing what I can :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts