HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about SBR'ing another gun. I know the NFA process... But I'm not familiar with the platform I want to SBR. I had a gsg5 that I sold but I'm thinking about picking up a Umarex MP5 A5 soon. I already have an AAC Prodigy I'd want to eventually run on it.

Other than the Form 1 and engraving... what would be the best bet for completing it?

Meaning are there short barrels available or would I be better off getting it cut down? How to mount the can? Or better off getting a pistol and then adding a stock when I get approved?

Any help would be great!

Thank!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
There are no pistol Umarex MP5 that I'm aware of so you would have to have the bbl cut down.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Umarex is expecting some spare 416 pistol barrels in and they are supposed to fit the MP5. Umarex says they are going to run in the $130 range. I'll report back when I finish my SBR project.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I wanna SBR one of these myself. I was told by a good friend that is a big class III dealer that it can get expensive. I hope not b/c this would be a great set up

·
Registered
140 Posts
SBR questions:

Where do you engrave these plastic receiver shells?

Can the factory barrel be cut back and rethreaded? Who does this and how much does it cost?

TIA,
Sid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts