HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been looking all over for this and found very little information regarding the compatibility with parts between AR-15 platforms and the Hk 416 22lr. by Walther. Hopefully 416 owners can clear some of my questions.

Would parts such as the charging handle, pistol grip, selector switch and magazine release be interchangeable with AR-15 parts? Seeing as some of the dimension, specifically the charging handle, are virtually the same. I would imagine Walther was wise enough to make these parts universal. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
The Umarex/Walther gun is a just cosmetic shell over an internal white metal .22 receiver (actually the same internal receiver as in their Colt M4 and MP5 .22 clones). The fire control parts are nothing like what's in an AR.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Has much more in common with AEG airsoft M4/416s, than real ARs.

Meaning faux barrel with a inner real barrel (thin).

The faux barrel is held in place, using same airsoft barrel nut.

The "buffer" tube is exactly the same as AEG airsoft M4 "buffer tube, held in place by a single bolt. The "threads" on the "buffer" tube is just cosmetic.

·
Registered
493 Posts
About the only thing they have in common with a real AR is maybe some of the furniture and that is probably not exactly the same.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has much more in common with AEG airsoft M4/416s, than real ARs.

Meaning faux barrel with a inner real barrel (thin).

The faux barrel is held in place, using same airsoft barrel nut.

The "buffer" tube is exactly the same as AEG airsoft M4 "buffer tube, held in place by a single bolt. The "threads" on the "buffer" tube is just cosmetic.
Thank you everyone for replying to my post. I cam confirm that you are correct sir. I took apart the buffer tube and its nearly identical to how electric airsoft guns have it set up. The buffer tube is also Airsoft spec (for a lack of a better term). However Ive heard and seen that the Magpul CTR stock mil spec may fit since it has the clamping feature. Also, with a bit of modification, you can add an AR pistol grip on to the 416 22. Besides the handguard, everything else on this rifle is not compatible with AR parts. It's unfortunate Walther went so out of spec with this rifle limiting your options for parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts