HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I just purchased a Walther/ Hk Mp5 A5 and my rifle is having a serious issue, Failure to extract. My brand new rifle will not even throw an unused round after chambered, let alone after a round is fired. Its not the mags, I bought several, and the same issue with all of them. Its not the ammunition, i tried several types, high velocity etc, nothing. It seems as though the extractor is no even engaging the edge of the shell, it chambers fine, just no bite. I did clean the rifle and re-oil, still nothing. The bolt has got a little slop, if I put lateral pressure on the side of the bolt, it starts to remove the shell then loses it and fails. I have searched the forum and online and have found nothing about this problem. I'm wondering if i just got a lemon cause mine hasn't worked at all out of the box. Bummer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I would like to take it back to the place I bought it but I have a feeling that they will not refund and tell me its a manufacturer defect and i should take it up with Umarex. Wondering if anyone has dealt with the customer service.

Also new here so let me know if i need to move the post.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Any thoughts would be appreciated. I would like to take it back to the place I bought it but I have a feeling that they will not refund and tell me its a manufacturer defect and i should take it up with Umarex. Wondering if anyone has dealt with the customer service.
Unfortunately as a dealer (not involved in this transaction) we run into this situation from time to time. Once the NICS check is run we cant take it back as the distributer wont take it back for an even exchange. However, your dealer should be able to help you return it for repair. Usually the importer or manufacturer will send a free pickup tag and ship it back to your dealer for free as well. Usual return is 1-4 weeks. The delay kind of sucks, but you get a fully working gun back and no cost. This is the route we tend to reccomend. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, was afraid of that. Went back and talked it over with the sellers. Unfortunately, no refunds. I bought it at a gun show and their shop is not located near me. They did offer to send it back and handle things for me, but they would mail it back. I didn't take the offer. I decided i'll send it and speak to the manufacturer myself. Balls...

Yeah this sucks. I've never hand any problem with any of the firearms I've ever bought. As far as I'm concerned, if gun is maintained well it should last a lifetime, and not to mention work out of the box. I'm not a total ball buster. I understand that a certain percent of manufactured guns/ anything will have defects, but it just sucks i got one.

I always say, "if i didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all." Yep...

I'll keep everyone posted on the customer service from Umarex, I'm sure they will make it right.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
Unfortunately as a dealer (not involved in this transaction) we run into this situation from time to time. Once the NICS check is run we cant take it back as the distributer wont take it back for an even exchange. However, your dealer should be able to help you return it for repair. Usually the importer or manufacturer will send a free pickup tag and ship it back to your dealer for free as well. Usual return is 1-4 weeks. The delay kind of sucks, but you get a fully working gun back and no cost. This is the route we tend to reccomend. Hope that helps.
Huh. If I bought a bonearono from a dealer and they refused to refund the $$$, that would be the last time they saw another penny of mine. I'm also purty dang good at bitching about it in public, too. Just sayin'... I've got an issue with Armscor going on right now for the last 2.5 months. Just called'em up Friday and told them they had it long enough. Either fix it or send me a check. Supposedly, they are sending a new gun... we'll see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well. Let me put it this way. I told the seller he's not getting any more of my business and none of my friends will buy from them either. I did use and expletive or two to get my point across.

If any one is interested, I wouldn't buy from:

Specialty Arms II
615-793-9696
184-c Old Nashville Hwy.
LaVergne, Tn 37086

These guys are at a lot of gun shows in the southeast, have a good selection and good prices. Unfortunately, they are pretty poor businessmen. What's right is right. I consulted a FFl dealer friend of mine and it was his opinion to refund, and have the sellers personally deal with the manufacturer. Seems a no brainer. But what the hell do I know, I just i guy that believes in good business.

I did decide never to buy from a gun show again. Will only buy from my local gun guy, and I suggest you do the same.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I had a problem with my 416-22 shortly after I got it (ended up being a broken firing pin). I contacted Umarex, got an RMA and sent the rifle back in the original box after wrapping it with plain, brown paper. I received the rifle back, fixed, around a week or so later, if I remember correctly.

I had nothing but a positive experience with their customer service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Waiting on the RMA to come in the mail, had a busy week last week. I have only had spotty email correspondence with the rep. Still waiting to see how it plays out.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Every dealer and manufacturer handles things differently. One dealer I use, Mace Sports in Mebane NC I have been buying and trading guns with for years. I bought a S&W M+P15 new from them which had a bad magwell: they took it back a month after I bought it and exchanged it for a new one. How's that for dealer service? They took care of the return on their side. I bought a Springfield Armory XDS 45 a couple of months ago and it developed a mag release problem, SA emailed an RMA and FEDEX label to me and I had it back in 8 days. That's great service. 10 years ago, S&W/Walther took my P22 back and repaired several problems and had it back in maybe 2 weeks. Ultimately, it sucks to have a new gun with problems, I have had more than my fair share, but I can't think of any time when I was left in the lurch with a name brand. If you develop a relationship with your LGS, even if it costs a little bit more, you are more likely to get great service. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just posted the exact same problem on a different thread.

I bought a HK MP5 SD6 .22LR NIB. It was late so after a few drops of gun oil I loaded up some 29g subsonics(knowing I manually have to eject them myself after every shot). Would not extract. Tried the same with HV...nothing. Tried CCI Stinger and Winchester with the same bad luck. I also put lateral pressure on the bolt and it seemed to grab but not fully. Took out the bolt carrier group and barrel and there were some loose allen screws in the bolt carrier group. Tightened them down thinking that would solve the problem. Nope. Adjusted the bolt speed screw and nothing. Looks like I'll be sending it back to Umarex.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'm not directing this at you specifically since I know you're not his dealer but I'd like to point out that the Cost is Time.

Time is worth a lot to some people. To me, it's one of my most valuable resources.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I hate it when stuff like this happens. Luckily mine ran great out of the box. Once you get it back I'm sure it will run great. Then you'll tell the story about how the gun sucked when you first got it but haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine runs great, too. I hope they're able to git her fixed up for you. They are a hoot to shoot.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Dealers and distributors will take a gun back in my experience. I recently bought a 44mag from CTD of all places (best price by far). The "new" pistol came to me with holster wear on the front blade and one side plate screw slightly marred.... After a few phone calls and pictures to document it, they agreed to send me another one which was actually new. It cost me two NICS fees but they did the right thing and in the end I was happy.

CTD's set-up is a little strange. They seem like they are really just a clearing house for new guns representing other dealers inventory. Kind of like Amazon on some things. Pay here, but it ships from someone else.

Other than out of the box cosmetic issues, I just go the RMA warranty route for everything else. PITA sometimes, but with a little patience everything always gets fixed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts