HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a USPf9mm coming in. It has the Jet Funnel and LEM trigger and night sights already. I'm thinking about a threaded barrel, I don't ever plan on suppressing it I just like the look and I hate cleaning the crap off of my WML after a day at the range, broke my TLR3 trying to clean that stuff off... Is that idea stupid? There is also the EFK barrel, I really like the look of that.

Now for lights. I didn't take the UTL that came with it, so now I'm shopping for a light so I can finally have a nightstand gun with a WML. I'm thinking Insight WXL 150, I really like the strobe feature. This USP will never be concealed carried, it's strictly going to be home defense and range and since it will be playing those two roles I'd like to get the light for home defense but I'd also like to be able to have a thigh rig range fun so I'd like to get a light setup that I don't have to take off to holster.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
You can add the Match Trigger parts to that USPf 9 LEM. That's what comes standard on the USP 9 Combat Competition.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I converted to LEM - match hybrid but went back to Match. the match trigger is much sweeter IMO, much crisper. the LEM-match still had creep after 1000 rds w/ the LEM hammer spring. If your coming from a 1911, it's also great to add an HK45 safety lever and a V9 detent plate to disable the decocker. the meprolight fullyu adjustable night sights is also a superb addition - or maybe straight 8s if you like them. HK also sells fiber optic front and novak style rears for the USP. A wolf reduced power 10lb recoil might also help it it you want to shoot rapid.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Curious, why would you want to disable the decocker? Having to pull the trigger to let the hammer down is one thing I don't like about 1911s and my Sig P238.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Curious, why would you want to disable the decocker? Having to pull the trigger to let the hammer down is one thing I don't like about 1911s and my Sig P238.
The point of V9 is that you never lower the hammer. You carry cocked and locked and the only time the hammer goes down is when you are shooting. On a side note, it's not a good idea to lower the hammer on a live round with a 1911 or P238.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i ride the safety with my thumb as you would with a 1911, and found that the HK45 safety is more ideal for this in the USP platform. i also found myself to be prone to inadvertently decocking the gun when shooting fast strings of below 0.3s splits, where i tend to squeeze on the gun tighter with every shot. The HK45 safety makes decocking even easier, hence the need for a v9 conversion. I shoot IPSC with the pistol, and also carry it. it wouldn't be nice for my score and my health when i deckock it while shootng :)

I also wouldn't decock a 1911 hammer on a loaded chamber. we've had accidents happen here in the unit involving troops and even officers. with my USP, i do it sometimes - when i carry it on a shoulder rig. otherwise i carry cocked and locked. The rubber hammer spur appears to eliminate any chances for a slip anyway, at least for me. it doesn't come with an uneasy feeling associated with doing it with a 1911.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts