HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I know Capital City firearms, www.ccfa.com made a flash hider that looked like the Vortex, with the metric thread to fit HK pistols. But their website seems to be down right now.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Im skeptical about them. The one i got, tho it was very effective at dissipating the smoke (outside, theres no flash anyways) i saw no increase in accuracy. It was however, not a vortex. I would not bet on it doing anything wild to improve your gun, unless your just looking for something to make it look [email protected], in which Member JFK (<-- exact name) made a very sweet one for my mark23.

He also made a vortex, with the proper cuts to make it tighten for the mark23, or USP threads.

PM him, and see if he'll do one for ya. Mine was 50 bucks, and its hardened steel, very tough, and very high quality. Looks sick. Much better IMO that the CCFA ones, they charge a lot for them.

-ETA-

this is one JFK did for 'uncut's P99. Its the vortex style.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
If you get a FS for the 9mm be careful. CCF makes their Vortex 9mm out of Titanium because steel is too heavy and leads to ejection problems. Other steel FS may cause the same issues so be forwarned. I have the Titanium FS on my 9SD and even it slows down ejection noticeably. As I have mentioned many times before so I will not go into details again (I'm sure most are as bored with reading my experience as I am typing it) but the CCF Titanium FS most certainly will increase accuracy if the shooter is able to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
+1 on the CCF FH - its been proven to actually increase accuracy.

·
Registered
851 Posts
There's some info on CCF's website. I'm not sure if he has solid numbers posted. It's more like feedback from very satisfied buyers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
last night I ordered one of the FH and a dummy suppressor. I hope I got the order in before the claimed end of year closing of the HK line of products.
Has onyone tried one of the dummy suppressors? Do they dis-assemble? And last can the weapon be fired with it installed?
Thanks, Alan

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
My 9SD is all the proof I need. Without the FS I could never get a group smaller than 3 inches off a solid rest at 25 yards for 5 shots and I tried dozens of types and weights of ammo. The 9SD is the worst shooting HK pistol I own. With the FS on it groups went to near where they should be, between 1 1/2 to two inches at 25 yards for 5 shots, with the same ammo and shooting the same way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts