HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm itching for an HK P30 LEM 9mm. Picked one up about 4 months ago in my hand and I can't get it out of my head. I have a Smith and Wesson Airweight 637 and a Glock 26 that are both in great condition. The revolver has had maybe 500 rounds through it tops and the Glock maybe 900 rounds through it tops. I'm thinking that I am going to try to offer both handguns as a trade in towards the HK P30. I'm located in Connecticut. I have a few questions before I go driving around to various different gun stores tomorrow and possibly wind up looking like a fool.. I know that there are some FFLs on here and they might be able to give me some kind of idea/pointers of where I should be at.

1. What kind of dollar valuation would you expect that the firearms would carry in a private sale?
2. What kind of dollar valuation would you expect that the firearms would carry in a trade-in to a gun store?
3. Is there any reason I should buy new or used for the HK P30? Is there any reason I shouldn't buy new/used?
4. What's a 'good' deal and what's a 'bad' deal?
5. How much out of pocket would/should I expect to pay as well?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
637 @$325
G26 @$425

Private sales, of course. Trade in minus $50-75, give or take.

HKs are great guns, and as long as it was used and not abused, you'll be fine with a used one. Both my HK45C & P2000SK were purchased used, my P30 9MM LEM was new.

P30s have been running $850-900 new, I wouldn't pay more than $775 for a lightly used model.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
637 @$325
G26 @$425

Private sales, of course. Trade in minus $50-75, give or take.

HKs are great guns, and as long as it was used and not abused, you'll be fine with a used one. Both my HK45C & P2000SK were purchased used, my P30 9MM LEM was new.

P30s have been running $850-900 new, I wouldn't pay more than $775 for a lightly used model.

Edit: nevermind. Thanks. I will be selling these privately and then figuring out the next step from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts