HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello *@*,

I am considering an Aimtech mount and a Docter Sight II+ as a x-mas present for myself .. and my H&K USP Expert 9mm. :)

Unfortunately there are very few pictures of an USP with the Aimtech mount on the web and I could find none with a Docter Sight mounted.

It would be really nice if someone of you could help me out with this! I would be happy to see slightly different combinations, e.g. Aimtech + Hakko holosight or the like, too.

Thanks,

Valynor

Link to the Aimtech mount (with picture): http://www.aimtech-mounts.com/

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Unfortunatly I can't help you on the Aimtech, but I have 2 Experts (40 and 45) that I have DocterSights mounted in the rear sight dovetail. I'll send pics if you want to see them.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
@ironchef

Thanks for the link! Great pictures and a nice mount, but from what I've heard it's unobtanium ware these days. :-| Is there perhaps any other mount for the USP you know of?

@JCook

I've considered that possibility too and I would love to see your pics (will send you my email adress). I'm tending towards the Aimtech base though, because it's faster/easier to mount/dismount. Could you comment on your personal experience with the Docter Sight hard-mounted to the Expert? Any problems? I guess the aiming is stellar with the Docter sight replacing the standard sights?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Can you post the pics here? I'd like to see them as well. You have to be patient for the USP scope mount. While they are tough to come by, they do come up here and on Gunbroker. Two have come by here in the last two months at good prices.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here is my tactical:

The sight is a JPoint that I have had on for 4 years. I used the pistol to shoot plates. It was like cheating. The sight mount is very low and I can use the notch cut out in the back of the sight as a back up rear sight . It works great with the Tactical front sight blade. I used a Blackhawk holster that fits both the tactical light and JPoint perfectly.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here is my tactical:

The sight is a JPoint that I have had on for 4 years. I used the pistol to shoot plates. It was like cheating. The sight mount is very low and I can use the notch cut out in the back of the sight as a back up rear sight . It works great with the Tactical front sight blade. I used a Blackhawk holster that fits both the tactical light and JPoint perfectly.
Ok thats KICK ASS!!! Can you post where you bought the JPoint and what model it is. How does it fir on the gun since the rear sight is still on the gun?

·
Registered
55 Posts
The stock rear sight is removed and the base for the JPoint slides into the dovetail. Then the mount for the Jpoint attaches to base that was slid into the dovetail. The notch is actually cut out in the JPoint body and lines up with the front sight post. The sight come from JPoint themselves. I got mine on sale over at Midway USA. I love the sight. It sits low on the frame and is very bright. It dims down a little in dark rooms, but still plenty bright. As you can see from the picture the dot is very crisp. When using it outside it's outstanding. I love to hit bowling pins. At 25 yards hitting clay pigeons is very easy. I often head to a outdoor range that is 50 yards and hitting clay pigeons is as easy as shooting irons sights at 50 feet.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,392 Posts
Thats a very cool looking Tactical. I wonder if I should do something like that to my Expert.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nice set up. I had a 1911 with a Trijicon reflex for bowling pins. It makes a world of difference. Its good to see they make a platform for HK.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts