HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thanks for the link. The movie looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Christ.....I think I just pissed myself. A definite must see.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just saw the movie trailer when i watched American Gangster. Jolie and Hk's again! Cant Wait

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, talk about a rewrite

Very different from the Garth Ennis comic book it was based on. In it the comic book villains killed all the superheroes off and ruled the world. Only they did it from behind the scenes by going legit which was more profitable. The main character's power was the ability to kill with any weapon given just like his father, the greatest bi-sexual assassin ever(he would sleep with young boys just to break up the monotony of sleeping with women). They had him teleporting around in alternate universes as a gun for hire killing that universe's superheroes for the villains of said universe. The stories were quite morally repulsive especially the one where he walks in to a police station kills all the cops and rapes a female survivor just to see if he could. The artist drew him to look just like Eminem and Jolie's character was as I recall a black analog of catwoman and Morgan Freeman's character was a white midget scientist analog of Lex Luthor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The stories were quite morally repulsive especially the one where he walks in to a police station kills all the cops and rapes a female survivor just to see if he could.
He doesn't rape her... he breaks down and cries at that moment. (i just reread the comic. i too remember him raping her, but he didn't.)

personally, i'm boycotting the movie as the comic is one of my favorite comics of all time and this movie deviates so much from the comic that it pisses the hell out of me. if the movie wasn't supposed to be an adaptation of the comic, it would seem decent. other than that it looks like a matrix ripoff...

·
Registered
325 Posts
It's a little hard to see in the youtube video, but I downloaded a higher res version, and in the second shot of him holding the usp (after he drops the mag), you can see that he has the safety on. I wonder if the characters "catch" that in the movie, or if it's an actual error...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah its kind of an obscure comic meaning its not Marvel, Image, or DC. So you have to realize they have to market it to the public, sure you may not like the deviation, but if they didnt make it more mainstream for the masses, it wouldnt make money.

Now really they need to make The Walking Dead into a movie, cuz everyone loves a Zombie flick.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Cool - looks like after his 'training' was complete - he chose the USP as his pistols. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Saw this preview when I saw Hitman, looked great. I concider myself to be a pretty big comic geek, but I've never read this one. May have to go check it out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts