HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't decide which to get. I now have the USPc45 and love it but don't love to carry it. I use to have my heart either set on a P2000 orP2000sk. But, now the P30 is out and I really like the way this gun feels in my hand. There are many gun shops here but none rarely carry HK. If they do then they don't have the guns I am looking at to hold at the same time. I am wanting something that is easy to carry. I do like the decoker feature on my USPc. oes the P30 offer this?
Help me decide. Give the pro's and cons for my application.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
The decocker on the P30 is like the one on the P2K not the one on the USP. I love the P30 if you want one, and none of the stores in your area have one buy one on line and have it shipped to them. Most will do a transfer for $25 at least that is the going price around here. My FFL does them for free for me but the get enough of my money to make up for the difference.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I do not have a P30 yet. However after handling them in the store I think they would make a great CCW. I am a big guy but with it's slim profile I would think it would conceal well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the P30 about the same size as the P2000 and USP Compact? So then it would hinge on how small you want to go for your carry piece, I don't think the P30 would trim off all that much. I carry the USP 40c, its perfect for me, while I have a Glock 26 (smaller 9mm) I feel far more comfortable with the HK. The P2k is popular and puts a lot of power into a sub-compact package, no longer does a small weapon have to be in a minor caliber. Any offered, especially the 357 auto, is very capable for self defense if needed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a P2SK and it's my favorite carry gun. The mags are available with either a standard or flat baseplate depending on what feels best for you and helps with concealment.

Mine is in 40 S&W and it is a great shooter with the LEM trigger.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the P30 about the same size as the P2000 and USP Compact? So then it would hinge on how small you want to go for your carry piece, I don't think the P30 would trim off all that much. I carry the USP 40c, its perfect for me, while I have a Glock 26 (smaller 9mm) I feel far more comfortable with the HK. The P2k is popular and puts a lot of power into a sub-compact package, no longer does a small weapon have to be in a minor caliber. Any offered, especially the 357 auto, is very capable for self defense if needed.
Here is a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MY USP45c feels much heavier and bulkiert han the P30. They may be the same size but I was not able to hold both at the same time for comparision. So, I guess if the P30 is the same size or very close to the size of the USPc them I guess my best bet would be the P2000sk. Whatcha think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts