HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
We have been working our Hk G3 dies as you can see, picked the second batch of flats up today, girls already started shipping. We had a meeting with the stamp house also while we were there for batch 3 and also a finished receiver. Were looking at around March for delivery of the finished receiver. Input I am looking at from you guys is this. I would do a PRE PAY discount starting in Jan, I am thinking $159.95. If you do not like the pre pay idea, were looking at $189.95 when ready. What do you guys think?

[email protected] Fire

·
Registered
422 Posts
A good price for a G3 receiver no matter which way you go.

I have to wonder what the demand is for a virgin G3 receiver now that alot of the FMP G3 parts kits have dried up?

I remember the FMP kits selling for something like $150?
Now, first of all you don't see very many for sale and secondly when you do they usually ask $300+

I just wonder how many people would consider building a G3 today? Especially when you consider the PTR's are relitively inexpensive.

I did hear at one time that ORF owned 100's or even 1000's of FMP kits, this would probably help your G3 receiver sale if you made a bundle deal as an option.

·
Registered
589 Posts
..err maybe start makin' rifles? I mean, if you've got the parts kits of course.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys,
I agree there are not many G3 kits at a great price as use to be, most in the $300-425 range. Cetme kits with new barrels out there for $129-179.00. I hear Century has a deal on a "BUNCH" of G3 and 33 kits coming in. We are sitting on a stash of 100% new FMP kits which will be built into rifles in the future.

[email protected]

·
Registered
306 Posts
That price is right in between CIA/SW receiver and the PTR receiver.

Any decisions on the stock pin block and the semi-auto shelf for the flats?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lon,
Semi shelf and stock blocks I hope to have first of the year from waterjet. Stock block were doing one solid piece, easy to install, weld, and then ream holes. I have sight bases instock, just not posted online $19.95ea

[email protected]

·
Registered
691 Posts
Las Vegas,
They will have new US barrels.

[email protected]
Good to hear Todd. Any chance you can make sure the barrels will be 4150 ORD steel so folks with sears/trigger packs can burn away and not worry about killing the barrel?

And PLEASE make them standard G3 profile, not heavy like the JLD PTR rifles.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Lon,
Semi shelf and stock blocks I hope to have first of the year from waterjet. Stock block were doing one solid piece, easy to install, weld, and then ream holes. I have sight bases instock, just not posted online $19.95ea

[email protected]
Thanks,, I'll watch for the updates.

And Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Will you mark some for the CETME builders out there rather than G-3? And what about rear sight base options?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm in. I'm on the list.:cool:
Now I just need one of those Century HK33 kits.:410:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Okay Todd, what's the deal with these receivers now????
I called and put my name on the 'pre-sale' list and was told that the receivers would be ready sometime in March, as expected, and the 'pre-sale' price was a nice added incentive.

Now, yesterday my FFL calls me and says that your people sent me a PTR-91 receiver.(at the PTR receiver price!:rolleyes:)
WTF is this about??:41:

Nothing wrong with a PTR receiver, I already have a few, even one from ORF, but I wanted an ORF G3 receiver this time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lon,
I am sorry about that, call the girls and they will issue a call tag for it. Just posted the semi shelves stock block combo and rear sight bases for sale in the Hk extras. Was at the stamp house today, looks like it may be April now on production receivers that are complete.

[email protected]

·
Registered
249 Posts
Todd-

What about the CETME versions for those of use with a small stockpile? CETME engraving and either no site base or the proper CETME sight base installed by you guys? Pretty please?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts