HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen (and Ladies):

It's been months since this guy has been promising the HK93 Mag convertors. I recieved one which was damaged and he promised a replacement which I NEVER recieved. At worst he is a complete theif, at best he is completly incompetant.

His last communication was that a replacement was sent out weeks ago and he has the tracking # and confirmation, that it arrived and a neighbour must of gotten it by accident. I asked him for the info and no reply.

Here is the original thread:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61093&page=15

He never gave me his name (warning sign) and could never back up his claims.

Has anyone gotten one that worked? I would love to give this guy the benefit of the doubt but too much time has passed with NO RESULT.

My feeling is that I have been taken advantage of and my money is lost. Just wanted to warn you incase you are thinking of sending this guy any money.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
You might want to post this over on Sturmgewehr.com also. He has advertised these over there as well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was wondering how this would turn out.This guy was over at ARFCOM very briefly and had the attitude that this was the greatest thing since sliced bread.If you questioned him about detailed pictures or specifics he just got defensive and basically called you an a**hole.I tried to call him out on this site but I was warned(justly at the time)to give the guy a chance with his supposed product.With no detailed pics and specifics I just didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling.I assume you are the same person I've seen post on ARFCOM about the broken part and you have been more than patient. I hope this turns out good for you.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I posted a thread to see if anyone had actually got one and had any feedback on it some time ago. I never got a single reply from any forum members. Glad I used caution in dealing with this person. Please let us know how your situation turns out.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Sorry it happened to you Tiger. There was something fishy about that guy. Was too quick to insult and take insult.

If you still have the FUBAR one, maybe it can be straightened out or something?

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,953 Posts
Please contact me via PM and we'll try to offer assistance as best we can.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I also wanted one of these and asked for info to the point of asking for payment information. He claimed to have sent me emails and PMs that I never received. I figured that since I asked a lot of questions he decided not to deal with me. Later on I made a coment on the board (see below) about the lack of communications and the following PM is what I received from him. I think HKPRO needs to look into this and help out!

Celticmaster

Best of all if you were not involved in this, had no money out and had NO Dealings at all, then KEEP your MOUTH SHUT if it does not involve you!

10-26-2007, 11:57 AM #142
Celticmaster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And some of you are not satisifed with answers to questions you asked, so I stopped worrying about answering the same questions over and over.....and learned that some people just dont like the answers/explanations you give them no matter what. Or it is not to their liking or standards.
Which is fine and those people don't need to buy one, that simple

Celticmaster
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Celticmaster
Send email to Celticmaster
Find More Posts by Celticmaster
Add Celticmaster to Your Buddy List

10-26-2007, 01:01 PM #143
Javier
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticmaster
Which is fine and those people don't need to buy one, that simple

I am glad that you feel that way! Early in this post, I was really interested in a couple but I got a bad feeling about the whole deal based on what I was reading and the response to questions. What killed it for me was when I was ready to risk it and buy and requested payment information and was told emails where sent but these phantom emails never reached me. I hope this deal works out for the seller and the buyers but something tells me.... not!!! I hope I am wrong!
HK93 HK (Soon to be an HK53)
MARK 23 KH
USP Match 45 KK
USP Tactical 45 AC
VP70Z
HK4 IG
(7.65 IK)
(6.35 IA)
(.22 IC)
(9K ID)

Javier
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Javier
Find More Posts by Javier
Add Javier to Your Buddy List

10-26-2007, 01:19 PM #144
Celticmaster

Funny you are not involved in anything yet you feel the need to put in your two cents when you have nothing to do with it. But that seems to be an epedemic lately people piping in with no knowledge or just feeling the need to hear themselves post something.

Last edited by Celticmaster : 10-26-2007 at 01:22 PM.

Celticmaster
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Celticmaster
Send email to Celticmaster
Find More Posts by Celticmaster
Add Celticmaster to Your Buddy List

10-26-2007, 02:05 PM #145
HKPRO
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...

Closing thread at request of originator. Orders promised to be made good on if damaged, not taking any more orders.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Tiger888 - do you still have the destroyed one? The company I contract at (small self-contained air conditioners) bought an entire sheet metal shop and moved it next door.

If you think they'd work, I could probably slip a few in as "gubbmint work".

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem Tiger. I hope you get your money back.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the all the support and offers. Really appreciate it. This is the second time I've gotten a "box of rocks" in 10 years of collecting, but it still isn't fun when it happens. Keep hoping what this guy told me was the truth and it would just "Show up"

·
Registered
366 Posts
I really wanted one of these adapters but something didn't feel right with that guy.

Anyways Tiger, I hope you either get a working one from him or some other good fortune comes your way to make up for it.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the all the support and offers. Really appreciate it. This is the second time I've gotten a "box of rocks" in 10 years of collecting, but it still isn't fun when it happens. Keep hoping what this guy told me was the truth and it would just "Show up"

I don't think it will just show up. If it was mailed/shipped several weeks ago, then it's gone. Chalk it up as a loss if this guy does not respond and send you another one, but please post his info. so the rest of us here do not get duped by him.

I got burned one time when I sold an adapter to a guy on the net. I told him I'd sell the adapter for $25, shipped. Since this part was small, I placed it into a padded envelope and sent it first class mail. I did not purchase delivery confirmation and the buyer told me he never received it. This was the first and only time the Post Office ever lost any of my packages. I got a weird feeling when dealing with this guy. (Fortunately this was an ad I posted on ARF.com So far the members here have been pretty good to me except for 1-2)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I also sent payment and never got an adapter. I am no longer getting replies to my emails. The last time I heard from him was about a month ago. I have sent several emails in that time.

·
Registered
630 Posts
It's unfortunite but that is the risks you take when dealing with private sales. I wanted to get one myself, but I have learned a long time ago, from other folks transactions, never be the first ones to send money. Wait until everybody else does, and then wait for the review on how it went. That "rule of thumb" has never failed me.

I hope that you either get your money back, or the adapter. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Wow, I've been gone a while. I wanted one of these too. He finally pm'd me a few times saying they were ready and give me payment details. I checked around and didn't really feel comfortable with the whole thing so I waited to read some feedback. Glad I held out now.
Hope you get it worked out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, this ass-wipe screwed me too! He told me he sent my replacement UPS signature required. Of course nothing showed up and no delivery notice from UPS which they ALWAYS leave. I asked this douche bag to send me the tracking number numerous times. After the 4th time I FINALLY got a response back from him stating that he sent me the number 3 times!

I found it strange that the only response I received from him, there was no tracking number. He also refuses to call me, which he has my number. I've now asked for a refund (yeah, riiiiight) and have heard nothing from him. I would LOVE to meet him in person and show him some good ol' midwest hospitality!:90:

Tiger888, I PM'd you....PLEASE contact me A.S.A.P!!!! there MAY be some light at the end of the tunnel.

This ******* needs to be dealt with in the most severe manner possible. Been in this business/hobby for over 16 years and this is the first burn I've had on a purchase. It's a damn shame that there are people like this CelticMaster(bator) running around in the world.

Rant off!
Steve

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Not sure if it will help any of you guys or not but...

I found this guy on another forum, from back in August:

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5245

Tiger888 was kind enough to send me his crushed one to look at. I'm going to try to see if I can improve it and make it work like we all expect it to. But..

In spite of what this guy says, this thing looks like an exact copy of the Hark adapter to me. I found pics of the hark adapter and it looks identical. I hope you guys find this jackass and get him charged with mail fraud.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
How about posting his name and address so members here can keep it in mind for future business.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Not sure if it will help any of you guys or not but...

I found this guy on another forum, from back in August:

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5245

Tiger888 was kind enough to send me his crushed one to look at. I'm going to try to see if I can improve it and make it work like we all expect it to. But..

In spite of what this guy says, this thing looks like an exact copy of the Hark adapter to me. I found pics of the hark adapter and it looks identical. I hope you guys find this jackass and get him charged with mail fraud.

Dave, if you think you can get it to work, let me know as I too received one from the celtic dude and it was crushed up a bit too. Celtic told me he'd send me a new one and then have me send this one back to him; however, I'd heard nothing more from him.

The information on him that I have is just the business name and address which is:

Stronghold Group
3325 Griffin Road, Suite #203
Ft.Lauderdale, Florida 33312

In the twenty or so PM's that we exchanged, he never once used a name--first name or last--but only the business name.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts