HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just a heads up...I fired 500 rounds through my P30 yesterday, and when getting to cleaning it noticed that the rollpin that holds the backstrap was working it's way out to the right of the pistol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey guys,

Just a heads up...I fired 500 rounds through my P30 yesterday, and when getting to cleaning it noticed that the rollpin that holds the backstrap was working it's way out to the right of the pistol.
My SK does this too... :confused:

I just check it after every cleaning.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Dou you guys lube rollpins or what? Never ever had it walking in P2000 (15K rounds until sold), P2000SK (some 1K rounds, this is carry gun, not range piece) or P30 (2K rounds so far).

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I wanted to see how the different backstraps on mine felt and it took me about 10 minutes to get that darn pin out (I could bring myself to thrash on it with a hammer)!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Loctite will not work long term on this non-treaded part. Plus it (red especially) leaves a residue that is very difficult to remove without heat. I recommend you keep a few extra roll pins onhand. Tolerances vary from pin to pin. It's slight but enough to make a difference, and the more times you remove the same pin the more it compresses. This makes the "walking" problem even worse. Ideally, every time you remove the roll pin you should replace it with a new one - pins are cheap. Not much you can do about the backstrap hole short of replacing the part but tolerances vary here as well.

Walking pins are more of a problem with the .40 vs. 9mm due to the increased recoil.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, I have had my P2000SK roll pin walk after a day of shooting. When I got home I placed tappered rods in both ends of the roll pin and pushed gently. I have not had them come out after that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think kraigster414 is on the money with the "walking" issue. I've experimented with the different back straps, so I think I just need a fresh pin. I'll get around to getting one somewhere down the line. No biggie.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes, I have had my P2000SK roll pin walk after a day of shooting. When I got home I placed tappered rods in both ends of the roll pin and pushed gently. I have not had them come out after that.

That's an interesting fix. Can you expand on the tapered rods. Where do you get, what size, etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
OK here you go if you want 'em fast:

www.mcmaster.com

These are the ones that fit the P2000 backstrap. I cannot vouch for the other HK models so you will need to confirm.

Part# 91611A159 (carbon steel)

Part# 91610A410 (stainless steel)

By the way, the recommended roll punch for this part is a 3mm sold by Brownell's and other gun supply retailers. Mine is made by Mayhew.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dou you guys lube rollpins or what? Never ever had it walking in P2000 (15K rounds until sold), P2000SK (some 1K rounds, this is carry gun, not range piece) or P30 (2K rounds so far).
LOL, nope. I was able to push out the rollpin with a Q-Tip the first time I pushed it out to try a different backstrap (and the only time I pushed it out), it was that loose.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If your roll pin is that loose, try and open up one end of the roll pin with a small nail or other item that you can fit into the end. Place the tip in and gently tap the nail and place the other end of the roll pin back into the backstrap and push it in. Worked on my P2000 that I had.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts