HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
And just what were you wasting time doing -- the fill-in paint?

Heck, that's just fine since handling your weapon just gets you more familiar with her, and that, compassman, is never a waste of time...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Looks pretty good :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used Testor Red/White Enamel. It's the same paint I used four years ago on my Tactical, that held up perfect.

I also did my P9S will post it under paint letters under the sticky post

·
Registered
60 Posts
wow, great looking gun. id love to do the same to mine, probably only the slide though. im liking the way the light/laser looks more and more now. might have to get one to keep on the gun at home.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great idea & great look. I've want to do something similar but was always worry about alterations would depreciate the value of the firearm. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great idea & great look. I've want to do something similar but was always worry about alterations would depreciate the value of the firearm. Any thoughts???

I copied HK

I think it's great to enhance your pistol to make it your own. I don't collect pistol so for value is determined on how much I use it. I buy pistols to use them and have fun. I removed the rubber tip on the P2000SK because I hated how far it stuck out. At first I thought it was no big deal. That was until winter came and I had it get snagged on my knitted sweater. Off came the rubber tip. To me it drastically improved the pistol, so know it's worth more to me. The paint can be removed it's not permanent. The only pistol I have not done this to in the HK line is my P7M8, it's just to perfect.

Go for it and have fun, the worst case is the pistol needs to be refinished. Then you can NP3 the slide. I think I will eventually do that anyway.

Here is my P9S I had fun with. The grip was already done by HK.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts