HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I happened to be at the right place at the right time today. I was shooting skeet at a fundraising event when a “machine gun shooting experience” was being hosted on another part of the range. They were taking a few shooters through some amazing shooting experiences, including multiple shoulder-fired MGs, a few beltfed light/general MGs, a Ma Deuce .50 and a M134 minigun!

The table of assorted shoulder-fired MGs:

The minigun:

They had an HK23 (beltfed 5.56), PKM, RPD, M249, M240, M60, etc.

After shooting the M2 .50BMG, they started with the beltfed light/general machineguns. They blazed through three belts on the SAW and M60 with ease, had a slight hiccup with the PKM, and then brought out the HK23. I was excited as I’d never seen an HK beltfed in person, much less seen one fire.

Unfortunately, I only got to see a few bursts, as they struggled to get the HK 23 to work. It shot six or so rounds, then had to have the belt re-attached. Then it would fire 3 rounds and fail again. It was really disappointing. They finally just put it away and grabbed something else to shoot.

I was really hoping to see it shine. One of the employees said it is usually his favorite light machine gun. I guess it was just having a bad day.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which clone was it?

IBTSS
These all appeared to be legit HKs, not clones. These were not transferable, but brand new machineguns. That being said, I didn’t get to handle them to inspect.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I had trouble with mine (M&M-23) for a long time. Kept bending rounds and only firing 2-3 rounds before bending another. Even sent to back to Mike who of course never got it to duplicate my problems. He updated it to current standards. Got it back, still didn’t run for me. Finally chronoed my rounds. My rounds (reloads) were good enough for the 16, Valmet 5.56, HK-53, 53K, and mini-14....but not the 23. Upping the FPS to 2950 or better took care of all my problems. (Also made my 53K run faster than hell).

·
Registered
283 Posts
These all appeared to be legit HKs, not clones. These were not transferable, but brand new machineguns. That being said, I didn’t get to handle them to inspect.
I didnt think any real HK stuff was imported, just all re-builds.

maybe someone can confirm

·
Registered
283 Posts
A whole bunch of real, unaltered, factory HK’s out there, mostly as pre and post samples.
really? How did they get around GCA?

A whole bunch of pre samples? They were extremely limited in the few short years before 86, mostly experimental 262s.

We are talking about the 23e here not just HKs, since that's what the OP posted.

never seen a real HK 21e/23e for sale.

·
Vendor
1,304 Posts
There were lots of HK21E and HK23E factory MG's imported.
Most post samples with a handful of 21E's as pre samples.
MM

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
OP, love my MM21e/23e I must be at around 8k with each cal. Runs and runs. I might send it back to Mike only for a fresh paint job, other than that my 23e is a MONSTER >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(Get it)

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
really?

We are talking about the 23e here not just HKs, since that's what the OP posted.
Really. Actually the discussion was referring to the many HK’s present at the shoot, not a single gun, that’s why his statement was plural:

“These all appeared to be legit HKs, not clones. These were not transferable, but brand new machineguns.”

·
Registered
283 Posts
Really. Actually the discussion was referring to the many HK’s present at the shoot, not a single gun, that’s why his statement was plural:

“These all appeared to be legit HKs, not clones. These were not transferable, but brand new machineguns.”
your right, he didnt have hk23e in the title or specifically talk about it not running in his OP, or even mention the other HKs he shot

·
Registered
37 Posts
23e is a fun gun. I shot mine (MM23e) this past weekend for the first time in a while. Buddy did not know I had one. The look on his face was priceless as I pulled it from the case. He shot it, and I think he smiled the rest of the range session.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can’t confirm whether they were HK or clones, as I didn’t get to shoot them or even handle them. I just got to watch the paying customers shoot them.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
J Wise.... mgs are finicky...esp beltfeds of all ilk really. even a minor easily fixable issue can bring the fun to a halt.
when i take friends and family out for a basic mg experience i make sure to bring several bc inevitably one doesnt run reliably.
its just the nature of the guns really...seeing that all are pre 1986 or a hodge podge of parts as a build or are using aftermarket sears, dias, etc.
oh and not to mention the various ammo types and quality used...reloads, steel stuff, cheap stuff, ancient stuff- you get the idea.

hate it that you didnt see the "hk23" run reliably but dont fret over it. it happens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts