HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys love your stumpy sub guns spitting out tiny tickle rounds of 9mm but the real CQB rifle is a 7.62NATO G3K. If we can convince B&T to produce a quality 1/10 twist G3K barrel, the world would be a better place for us all. I personally love the G3K. It's compact, it's neat, and it's compact. I said compact twice to emphasize just how compact it is. A .308 shorter than an M4 carbine with stock collapsed? The G3K is the answer and is the answer for every scenario where you might think a 9mm toy would be a good gun to bring with you. I know I'm right in this- as I'm never wrong in many things nor would I admit it if I was. B&T G3K barrels, nitrided perhaps- even better and why not. Someone call B&T who can speak Swiss or whatever they speak over there and tell them- America needs a G3K barrel.

7n6

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think since B&T make barrels for HK on contract, they are considered more "pure" or closer to full German HK than an American made aftermarket barrel. It's a purist thing, and I can say I've never seen a RCM barrel in person but have looked over the B&T k barrels and they are works of art.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think since B&T make barrels for HK on contract, they are considered more "pure" or closer to full German HK than an American made aftermarket barrel. It's a purist thing, and I can say I've never seen a RCM barrel in person but have looked over the B&T k barrels and they are works of art.
Okay, I understand now. I thought H&K made all their own barrels in house. I know B&T makes all kinds of neat stuff, but I didn't know they had the capability to CHF barrels.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Okay, I understand now. I thought H&K made all their own barrels in house. I know B&T makes all kinds of neat stuff, but I didn't know they had the capability to CHF barrels.

B&T makes complete military weapon systems and recently started making aftermarket HK style barrels for the civilian market.

·
Registered
375 Posts
These are indeed very, very nice barrels - I would love to see B&T make barrels for the 9mm MP5 full size. I do not know if such an item could be imported as a "pistol" barrel, perhaps it could.

Obviously both Michaels Machines and RCM make superb aftermarket barrels for the MP5 full size, so all is certainly not lost.

·
Vendor
8,216 Posts
Beginning sometime in the 80's and STILL TODAY, B&T armors German made MP5s. There was a period where B&T made the barrels themselves utilizing German HK CHF barrel blanks with prints provided to them by HK Germany. The volume of that armoring has since declined so today they simply acquire the completed barrels from Germany once again. I think this where the confusion comes in.

Still having access to the German CHF barrel blanks, B&T was willing to spin up the tooling once again with a large order. The ONLY company willing to front the cash was HKParts--thus they have the retail exclusive, currently. They have also fronted the cash for full-sized MP5N barrels and MP5SD barrels which we can expect to see sometime early 2017.

Cheers,
Joe

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Another reason why we need G3K barrels is because the ft/lbs of muzzle energy from just one 7.62NATO round is equal to six 9mm rounds. Just one 20 round G3 magazine is equal to four 30 round Mp5 mags in terms of muzzle energy. Carrying eight G3 mags for your G3K is a force multiplier equal to thirty-two Mp5 mags, transforming you into your own SWAT team. Each person carrying a G3K is equal to four people carrying Mp5's with the same number of mags. That's why the Mp5's have to be full auto to be effective because even at their high cyclic rate- it still takes so many tiny 9mm rounds to equal out the awesomeness of a semi-auto G3K.

LOL

7n6

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,703 Posts
Beginning sometime in the 80's and STILL TODAY, B&T armors German made MP5s. There was a period where B&T made the barrels themselves utilizing German HK CHF barrel blanks with prints provided to them by HK Germany. The volume of that armoring has since declined so today they simply acquire the completed barrels from Germany once again. I think this where the confusion comes in.

Still having access to the German CHF barrel blanks, B&T was willing to spin up the tooling once again with a large order. The ONLY company willing to front the cash was HKParts--thus they have the retail exclusive, currently. They have also fronted the cash for full-sized MP5N barrels and MP5SD barrels which we can expect to see sometime early 2017.

Cheers,
Joe
I noticed this early yesterday too: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/B-T-MP5-3-Lugged-Threaded-Barrel-1-2-X-32-p17956.htm & https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/B-T-MP5-SD-CHF-Barrel-Swiss-Made-p17957.htm

Guess you're going to be using these B&T barrels for your other builds as well?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts