HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Im still waiting a week or so to see if anyone else is interested in getting involved. I am also interested to see how much $ people are interested in chipping in to see what we could get them, whether it be lunch or a gift certificate, etc.

·
Registered
221 Posts
obviously i'm in. Jeff has been a big help to me. I would suggest that you put some ideas together and then ask for 10-40 donation depending on participation. I'm willing to pitch in $20-40 bucks on top of the letters and frames.

·
Registered
159 Posts
id be willing to do something or chip in, he has looked up several serial numbers in the past for me and responded within a day via email.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think this is a very good idea.
I posted a very favorable story about Travis and Jeff and my new HK 45 CT a couple of months ago.
I am willing to kick in a few bucks, too.

If for any reason dmb331 can't draft the letter I can be his back up.

·
Registered
221 Posts
UPDATE

I've got the rough draft nearly completed. I should have the general letter up by the end of the week for suggestions. Right now i'm tightening it up.

If anyone has personal anecdotes of Jeff or Travis or links to write-ups on here please PM the stories or links to me. These concrete experiences would be helpful in the writing of the personal letters to Jeff and Travis. Obviously I can't incorporate everything but I can summarize these occassions.

Tom gave his blessings to use the HKPro.com name and he will be giving the final approval on these letters. I'm still working on some other nice touches, but I don't want to give those away until I'm sure I can make it work.

Once i get the rough draft up, please PM or post thoughts (inclusions or exclusions). Bear in mind, I will happily incorporate ideas as possible (but some ideas just won't be possible, even good ideas). So if something is suggested, please don't be offended if we can't include it. This letter must be brief, specific, comprehensive, and professional. That's not very easy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got the rough draft nearly completed. I should have the general letter up by the end of the week for suggestions. Right now i'm tightening it up.

If anyone has personal anecdotes of Jeff or Travis or links to write-ups on here please PM the stories or links to me. These concrete experiences would be helpful in the writing of the personal letters to Jeff and Travis. Obviously I can't incorporate everything but I can summarize these occassions.

Tom gave his blessings to use the HKPro.com name and he will be giving the final approval on these letters. I'm still working on some other nice touches, but I don't want to give those away until I'm sure I can make it work.

Once i get the rough draft up, please PM or post thoughts (inclusions or exclusions). Bear in mind, I will happily incorporate ideas as possible (but some ideas just won't be possible, even good ideas). So if something is suggested, please don't be offended if we can't include it. This letter must be brief, specific, comprehensive, and professional. That's not very easy.
Thanks so much for the effort and energy here. We all appreciate it!

·
Registered
280 Posts
dmg311: Thanks for moving the ball forward. Your efforts are appreciated. The hardening on a 9mm ELITE failed and the edge that locks up with the slide deteriorated during the breakin. When confronted with up to a 6 month wait for a barrel and slide made, He managed to get permission to give me the sample from their display!! That's putting the customer first.

·
Registered
648 Posts
You can count me in for a donation too, even though I have not had a need to deal with either of them yet. Being in a service industry, I understand and appreciate the need for excellent customer service, and from all of the experiences I've read about from our members, these guys definitely rise above and beyond expectations.

Just had an idea as a gift idea. How about we get Jeff & Travis both a HKPro tshirt? That would be a nice personalized gift representing our appreciation from the HKPro community?

·
Registered
221 Posts
sorry it took so long. Here's the rough draft. Bear in mind this is to be hung on the wall (hopefully) of the service department, so it is brief. I am currently working on the individual letters for Jeff and Travis. These letters will be more personal.
Thanks for the patience. HKPro aka Tom has already approved this letter. What do u guys think?

I would like to commend your service department, especially Travis and Jeff, for displaying excellence in their customer service. Their courtesy, professionalism and prompt replies give your company an outstanding reputation in the service area. On many occasions, Jeff and Travis spent time above and beyond, even working past their normally scheduled hours answering questions or resolving problems. It is obvious they have a passion for their work.

HK firearms are renowned for their reliability, quality, and craftsmanship. These firearms rarely need servicing. However, on those rare occasions, your service department has provided exceptional work. As a member of HKPro.com, I found this level of excellent service to be true across our membership. HK firearms service staff remains in continuous contact to ensure customer concerns are satisfied.

On behalf of HKPro.com and myself, I would like to thank you for providing the highest level of firearm products and services. We continue to recommend your company as the standard of excellence in a very competitive market.

Sincerely,
The Membership of HKPro.com
I hope Tom will sign this. He deserves all the credit for this website and our friendships.

PS I'm hoping to put this on some sort of certificate featuring the HKPro logo or some other equally catchy presentation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Excellent, thanks again for all the extra effort here, when and where should we start sending something via paypal and what would an appropriate amount be? Thanks Again!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not to be a downer, but I'm of the opinion that, while Travis may have been great to deal with, he doesn't necessarily need anything special for doing what he was hired to do: be courteous and knowledgeable. I'm certainly happy to see that this is the case, of course.

I wish people would PayPal me some cash for being good at what I do!

·
Registered
221 Posts
True. I used to be a collection agent. I fired lots of guys who didn’t perform up to expectations. We hired you to do a job. If you did a good job, congratulations you can keep your job. Pay your mortgage and feed your family.

However, when a person excels at his work, he ought to be recognized and thanked. One of the most rewarding and motivating experiences for a service-based market is positive customer feedback. The clientele should occasionally encourage those who excel or risk losing those individuals to outsourcing or other companies. I view this venture, as an investment ensuring the quality of service that is demanded of me, and that I in turn demand of others.

It also will give recognition to any member of HKPro.com with this company and give HKPro himself some recognition for all of his time (and many others too) and investment into this website.

So, I understand what you mean. But view it as an investment. Besides you’re telling me you don’t have $20 for guys who have helped you make sure your firearm is 100% reliable for the times it must work?

If none of the above moves you, just leave it to other guys with more money than brains…. :D

BTW, stick with doing a good job. Eventually it will pay off. I've said the same thing and others have thanked me for my hard work. Often these individuals thanked me, when I least expected it for a minor thing when I was most discouraged.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not to be a downer, but I'm of the opinion that, while Travis may have been great to deal with, he doesn't necessarily need anything special for doing what he was hired to do: be courteous and knowledgeable. I'm certainly happy to see that this is the case, of course.

I wish people would PayPal me some cash for being good at what I do!
I agree in theory however in the presence of so much HK CS bashing, I think it is indeed appropriate. We are simply trying to express with well earned gratitude something that first, comes from the heart with no more motive than that, and second, purposefully counters the crap we have heard so frequently from people who chronically complain about the supposedly poor service. Again, where should I send my paypal, no not for you psg (although I am sure you are good at what you do), but for Jeff and Travis? :-} :-} :-} Thanks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Very well said Don. Both the letter and your explanation as to why Travis and Jeff deserve this. Being a the head of operations for a global company, I fully understand that it is very important that you recognize when your employees take the initiative to go above and beyond what their job description is. Those are the people who you can see right away actually ENJOY their jobs, and are willing to put in the extra effort to go the extra mile. It is, generally speaking, the people who do not enjoy their jobs that do just enough to get by, and although this may still be considered an acceptable level of effort, which person would you rather have working for you?

I believe that no matter how good a product you are selling, the true way to set yourself apart from the competition is with the level of service you provide. If you were comparing two identical products from different companies, but one of them had exceptional customer service, and the other had mediocre customer service, which company would you purchase from? I'd be willing to bet that 9 out of 10 would go with the company that had the great service.

Also having played the role of customer service in the past, I can attest that receiving praise from a customer goes far more towards boosting morale than just getting a pat on the back from your boss. Ultimately it is the end customer being happy and satisfied with the job that you've done that defines how good you are at your profession. The customer is the ultimate test, so when they said "Hey, you guys are doing a fantastic job", it really means a lot, and tends to make you want to continue to perform above the "required" limits.

I'm fully in support of this effort. Tell me where to send the check!

P.S. The level of "service" provided by the outstanding members of HKPro is what has kept me coming back and convinced me to become a true member of this community. I originally found this site while I was looking for a Mark 23 to purchase. I initially had not intended to become an active member after I obtained the gun, but seeing the exceptional wealth of knowledge demonstrated by the collective HKPro community convinced me that this is the right place to be and that there is quite a lot I can learn about H&K's as well as this sport in general from you guys. Thanks for all of the help you have given me in the past, and the help I'm sure you'll give in the future! HKPro is a place I am proud to call home, and that is all due to its members. That being said, it is the admins of this site that make it all possible, so to you I take off my hat and give a very respectful thank you.

Greg

·
Registered
78 Posts
So what is the final word on amount and where to send it?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Sorry guys, I am on a friends computer, my computer completely crashed early this week and I have had no access to the internet. I shold be back up and running 100% by saturday and I will give out my paypal address then. I dont want to accept any donations until I can verify that I have received them.

More info to follow.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you guys want to do something for Travis, magically make the Euro dollar par (1:1) with the US Dollar (and cure his heartburn)

:2300000:

21 - 40 of 58 Posts