HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have eight 18-rd mags for my USPf9 with jet funnel. When using 3 of the mags the gun will not go to slide lock after the last shot. Is this generally considered a weak mag spring issue?My hands do not make any contact with the slide release when shooting. My mags are labeled so I can weed out bad apples and get them help.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I would use some snap caps, and load one into the gun. With the mag now empty, eject the snap cap and see if it locks back. You can so this at speed, so to speak, and test the function of the mags. Doing this in a controlled environment where you can make sure you are not hitting the slide release is important.

If the mags still fail, then replace the mag springs as needed.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Doing this in a controlled environment where you can make sure you are not hitting the slide release is important.
I'm amazed at how common of a problem this is becoming. It seems that I'm hearing more and more about people riding the slide catch, causing it to not lock back on the last round.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I'm amazed at how common of a problem this is becoming. It seems that I'm hearing more and more about people riding the slide catch, causing it to not lock back on the last round.
I am too. The tough part is that folks are not aware enough to know that they are riding the release. There is a lot to focus on, but awareness of what the gun is doing as it recoils and what you are doing when it recoils is imperative.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have the same problem with some of my .40 JF mags. I have 17, out of that, 7 work perfectly and 10 do not lock the slide back. Interestingly enough, out of the 10 that don't lock the slide, only 3 of them will not lock the slide back in either of my .40 usp's. One has the jet funnel and one doesn't. on the regular one, 14 of 17 will lock the slide. 3 for sure do not on either but they all feed flawlessly while shooting. I also have them marked and am going to replace the springs in the 3 bad apples for sure to see of that cures it. Otherwise I might just leave the others for target practice at the range only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts