HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brief info:
Im not 18 yet, Im just doing research so when I go 18 I can get my rifle faster..
I live in Canada. Edmonton, Alberta to be more exact
I perfer G36 or G36E style rather than the Commando or Kurz (Compact)

I was wondering this since I know that you cannot own G36 (like AR-15 -> M16)
And after few days of searching on SL8 Conversion, this make me ask this question:

1) In Canada is it allow to modify the weapon in those ways?
2) If so am I allow to buy parts from Germany? (Heckler & Koch perferred)
3) The Canadian SL8 use the same as Europe, where magazine is double stack, and you can use G36 magazine straight, without the American conversion problem. My question is: If I want G36 style magazine how am I going to make sure it follows the law? (Canadian law stats all Center-Fire must be 5 per clip/magazine except M1 Garand and Lee Enfield) I know you folks might think why not just go for original SL8 Magazine, but I prefer something more Militaryish not something lil bigger than that lego box.
4) If all the above is can be dealt with LEGALLY is there any sites that sells HK G36 parts? Like the following:
*Stock w/ o Cheek piece
*1.5 X Optic Handle with the red dot sight above the 1.5X(See bottom picture if you understand my poor English)
*G36 or G36E Barrel (480mm I believe)
*G36 or G36E Forearm with bipod
*G36 magazine that is clipped to 5 rounds
*G36 or G36E Pistol grip (not sure are you allow to have the SEF/ SE2F sign for fun, but totally not really with the auto/ burst selector ability)

Thanks for help

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
You actually can have one!

You are aware of that there is appx. 10 or 11 G36 semi rifles legally owned by civilians in Canada?
It has been posted here and elsewhere, I think about 5 was G36C, I'm not sure if the other's were K's or E's.

Check out this thread
They come at a hefty price IF you manage to find one that the owner is willing to part with though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm aware of this, I think a year ago someone post they have a G36 demil (It had the SE2F signs on it) but Seems like that was awhile ago, My question is am I allow to import parts into Canada? I know that modifiying weapons is illegal but Im not sure to what extend. (Sawing off a shotgun stock is illegal I know that.)

Besides the post you gave me is quite old but thanks.

Definition of a Restricted Firearm

According to the Criminal Code, a restricted firearm is:

* A handgun that is not a prohibited firearm;
* A semi-automatic, centre-fire firearm with a barrel length less than 470 mm that is not a prohibited firearm;
* A firearm that can fire after being reduced, by folding, telescoping or otherwise, to an overall length of less than 660 mm; and
* Any firearm prescribed under the Criminal Code regulations to be restricted (including some long guns).
G36 G36E 758 Folded Length, 480mm Barrel Length
G36K G36KE 615 Folded Length, 318mm Barrel Length (dont know how people get this)
G36C 500Folded length 228mm Barrel (even more questionable)

·
Registered
285 Posts
according to some info....

This kinda struck me in a weird way hearing this....North American Union. If this info is true would it not void import laws back and forth from Canada, US, and Mexico? Anyone else hear of this?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Brief info:
Im not 18 yet, Im just doing research so when I go 18 I can get my rifle faster..
I live in Canada. Edmonton, Alberta to be more exact
I perfer G36 or G36E style rather than the Commando or Kurz (Compact)

I was wondering this since I know that you cannot own G36 (like AR-15 -> M16)
And after few days of searching on SL8 Conversion, this make me ask this question:

1) In Canada is it allow to modify the weapon in those ways?
2) If so am I allow to buy parts from Germany? (Heckler & Koch perferred)
3) The Canadian SL8 use the same as Europe, where magazine is double stack, and you can use G36 magazine straight, without the American conversion problem. My question is: If I want G36 style magazine how am I going to make sure it follows the law? (Canadian law stats all Center-Fire must be 5 per clip/magazine except M1 Garand and Lee Enfield) I know you folks might think why not just go for original SL8 Magazine, but I prefer something more Militaryish not something lil bigger than that lego box.
4) If all the above is can be dealt with LEGALLY is there any sites that sells HK G36 parts? Like the following:
*Stock w/ o Cheek piece
*1.5 X Optic Handle with the red dot sight above the 1.5X(See bottom picture if you understand my poor English)
*G36 or G36E Barrel (480mm I believe)
*G36 or G36E Forearm with bipod
*G36 magazine that is clipped to 5 rounds
*G36 or G36E Pistol grip (not sure are you allow to have the SEF/ SE2F sign for fun, but totally not really with the auto/ burst selector ability)

Thanks for help
Hey Kullwarrior, i'll try to answer as many questions as i can :)

Short answer, YES you can own a G36 in canada. G36C and G36k are calssified as restricted. G36 E is non restricted. They have semi-auto ONLY trigger groups.

Unfortunatly they sit at about 6000+ dollars because of their rarity.

If you look up user Pat911, he has a UMP 9mm and a G36c i think.

1. Im not sure about moving the serial number (as per Tom Bostic's Gen 3 conversion, and moving the serial number) but as long as you do not go UNDER 26 inches OAL and 18.5 inches barrel length (for non restricted) you can chop whatever you want to. For restricted, the barrel length and OAL doesn't matter.

In order to ascertain the legality of "moving" the serial number, you'll need to phone the RCMP Canadian Firearms Centre and get a written letter stating what you want to do is legal. Nobody that i've talked to has gotten a responce when they asked this (yet).

2. HK germany will not sell you parts directly, but you may be able to get some parts from Wolverine supplies or (if you really luck) R Nicholls whom is Canada's HK distributor. R Nicholls sells FN stuff, and they are not civie friendly, so usually they tell you to take a hike, but Ryan at Wolverine Supplies is good with getting HK stuff.

3. You can't just put in G36 mags into an SL8 (not quite that easy) there are little "bumps" on the inside of the reciever than you need to file/sand away. This is a fairly easy mod tho.

You wont be able ot buy "high cap" G36 mags, but places like P&D Enterprises, or other online gun shops will be able to sell you G36 mags that are pinned to 5 rounds to comply with out laws.

4. Wolverine supplies has SOME of the parts you want. The Single and duel optics are about 450/900 dollars (respectively) and IMHO are not that great. You may want to get a G36c short rail, and put an Aimpoint on top.

I would not get caught dead with a full auto grip housing for the G36, but you should be able to get one thats "semi auto only", although you'll have better luck finding one in the US.

The barrels are nearly impossible to get. Dont even bother looking in Canada for one, your best bet is to get Questar to import a G36 parts kit, and take the barrel. These kits are sometimes several THOUSAND dollars tho.

Bipods and forearms you can get from Wolverinesupplies(dot)com. the bipod will fit onto the regular SL8 forearm, and is around 150 dollars.

Because of the export laws of the USA, its very difficult to get stuff into Canada, and do these sorts of things. There are ways, but they all cost lots of money.

Questar does import/exports of gun stuff, its 250 dollars + 50 dollars per extra "item" (magazines even if you had 20 would be counted as 1 item). You can try to "ship" them in normally, but you risk having everything siezed at the border, and lost.

I would also try looking at CGN - http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/ and signing up there too (if you havn't already)

They have just about all the info you'll ever need to know, there are a couple guys over there (and some here too) that have the older G36 stock blocks that may be able to help you out.

If you have any other questions, just shoot me a PM and i'll get back to ya ASAP :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts