HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering what might eventually wear out or break on the registered part of a registered receiver HK MP5. Does anyone have first hand experience with a broken or worn out receiver? Specifically, what broke or got worn out?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've seen a rental MP5 at a gun range which had the entire ejection port rewelded for some reason(must have been an OOB kaboom) and it worked fine. Short of crushing it flat, there's not a whole lot on the receiver that can break that can't be fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a registered-receiver dual-pushpin MP5. After over 20,000 rounds, I have replaced the roller bar retaining plate twice, the firing pin return spring once, and the extractor spring once. My gun was a collector's safe queen when I bought it (but not any more!) and the parts that broke were original to the gun.

One of these days, decades hence, my estate is going to sell a shooter-grade MP5 with a dozen magazines, a lot of spare parts, and a high round count!

·
Premium Member
1,532 Posts
After over 20,000 rounds, I have replaced the roller bar retaining plate twice, the firing pin return spring once, and the extractor spring once. My gun was a collector's safe queen when I bought it (but not any more!) and the parts that broke were original to the gun.
Amazing...20K rounds and you have less than $100 in parts in it...wow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So far, all the money has been in the ammo.

The only time the gun failed was when the extractor spring broke. I should have seen that coming, as the extractor was getting to the point where I could easily move it with my finger.

The gun ran with the other broken parts, and I didn't discover that they were broken until I field stripped the gun for cleaning.

·
Registered
242 Posts
10-4 didn't notice my retainer plate was broke until I disassembled for cleaning, but I believe it was designed that way, so the the gun would still shoot. Wish I had your luck with extractor spring, had to replace twice. Once 'cause it was worn out and once from a overpressure round.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.