HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
What is the weight difference of the HK416 heavier profile barrel compared to the lighter profile barrel in the 14.5" length? Are there two different versions for the 10.5" barrel length as well?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Hello all,
What is the weight difference of the HK416 heavier profile barrel compared to the lighter profile barrel in the 14.5" length? Are there two different versions for the 10.5" barrel length as well?

Thanks
I don't recall the weights off hand but there are at least two different barrel profiles for the 10.4" HK416D barrels. The first production guns had a heavier "bull" barrel. Later guns were shipped with a lighter profile barrel.

G3Kurz

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't know the weight difference but here is the visual.

AF=Heavy
AH=Light
I'm sure there are some exceptions to the rule for date code to barrel profile but those date codes to profile for the most part are accurate.

Any member here with a AH 10" upper willing to provide measurements? Does the barrel taper down before the gas block or is that an optical illusion? Maybe place a 6" steel ruler there to show better?

Still looking for a photo of an AH dated/light profile 14.5" under the quad rail if any members here have one! Please....

TC

·
Registered
368 Posts
"A lighter barrel profile that reduces the weight of the barrel by 7 ounces is available to answer that concern"
HK416

So whatever the older AF barrel weight is minus 7 oz. I would definitely prefer having the newer AH upper but after shelling out money I will have to be content with my AF one.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would it be safe to assume that the 14.5" barrel would also be a reduction of the same 7 oz, between the heavy and lighter profile barrel? It seems that almost a half pound in weight could be significant.

Where there any other changes between the AF and AH versions besides the contour of the barrel?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts