HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently jumped on the Classic LEM USPC deal. At the same time, I bought the Match hammer spring, Match sear spring, and LEM hammer axle. I went to install the parts last night and noticed the stock hammer spring is painted red, and not blue as I expected.

I can't really tell a difference between the red spring and the match, and if anything, the match feels heavier. I can't find information on the red hammer spring so does anyone know how many lbs. the red spring is?

Image of the springs side by side: https://i.redd.it/oktuze7bl0jy.jpg

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is answered elswhere. If so, I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd bet the red spring is a 12 or 14lb spring vs the ~10lb of the match spring.
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...-spring-usp-new-blue-springs-only-option.html

I did this same swap when putting in the solid hammer axel on this same gun and while the break once pre cocked (slide racked) seems very similar a totally un cocked trigger pull (fired no slide reset) is lighter with the match/standard compact spring in place than with the red spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's unfortunate. By the responses, I take it that a red hammer spring is not the norm. Classic said these pistols were from an EU LEO contract gone bad that they opted to purchase and import. The pistol is not a standard configuration (LEM with an ambi safety) but I would have expected the hammer spring to be standard.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
The hammer spring really on comes into play a second strike situation. The TRS , the FPBS , and the hammer rebound spring are what determines the pull after the hammer is cocked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was surprised at how decent the trigger is. Coming over from a SIG 226 and CZ SP01, both with trigger work done, I was expecting it to be mediocre with all the internet chatter about "overrated" HKs. Sure, there is some room for improvement in sear engagement, but as I intend this to be a HD/Winter Carry, I'm not doing anything other than install the match sear spring. Even that is totally unnecessary.

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
I was surprised at how decent the trigger is....I'm not doing anything other than install the match sear spring. Even that is totally unnecessary.
This is good news! Especially because that is all that I ordered to put into mine . Really looking forward to actually seeing the gun in person on Monday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts