HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fought the urge with everything I could, but looking in my safe at the collection of LWRC rifles in 5.56 and 308, and then the lonely MR556 crying in the corner with nothing but HK Handguns to hang out with, I decided to spring for a MR762 with the keymod rail. It hurt, but hopefully it pays off...

Now the real test. I have a 16 inch LWRC REPR, and now a 16 inch MR762... only one gets to wear the Steiner 3-12x50 scope, the other will get a lower magnification optic (acog or red dot) and be setup as a battle rifle to hang out with the Scar 17 SBR in "never going to shoot far" land. Going to have to take them both out and see how they do... Im REALLY hoping the MR762 does ok suppressed after reading the people complaining of overgas since the REPR has an adjustable gas system and shoots wonderfully suppressed while taming recoil significantly. Im going to try and sell/trade the 16 inch REPR for a 20 inch REPR that way I can justify keeping both where as eventually im sure one will get the boot (cant justify a 13 inch scar and two 16 inch 308 AR platforms, but a 13, 16 and 20 inch? Of course!)

I will get some pictures up when it arrives wearing the Steiner, and I may get the rail and butt stock coated in FDE for fun.

For your temporary viewing pleasure, here is the REPR!
dLbGUXm.jpg

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats and welcome to 762 land. Looking forward to comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am excited to try it... for all purposes, the REPR is considered a "Battle Rifle", where as I feel the MR762 is more considered a precision rifle. I have a bunch of 168 Amax, 168 FGMM and 175 FGMM, going to see which gun likes what and then get into hand loads later.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome to the club, although I rarely shoot my 762 when I do, I absolutely love it

·
Registered
247 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!!!! The MR762 is easily sub MOA out to 300 yds. (as far as my range goes to). I have found that the 168gr. bullets work best. Your results may vary!!!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CONGRATS!!!!!!! The MR762 is easily sub MOA out to 300 yds. (as far as my range goes to). I have found that the 168gr. bullets work best. Your results may vary!!!!!
Cabelas has 20% off Hornady projectiles right now so I think I'm going to go snag 1,000 of the 168 Amax. Most of my semi auto 308 guns liked those best as well, I figured these would be the same. Going to test them both with factory ammo first and then worry about load development later.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I know this is a small difference but I have found that 168's are about a 1/4 moa smaller than 175's. Not a big deal at 100 yds but at 300 you can see a noticeable difference. BEST 3 shot groups with 168's were literally one big hole at 100, 1/2 inch center-to-center at 200 and a tight 1 inch group at 300. This is a GREAT rifle! ENJOY IT!!!!!!!

Please let us know accuracy levels!!!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got tracking, it should be here Tuesday, so maybe next saturday if its not too hot out I will take it out and zero it. Unfortunately its still 100+ here and id like to spend some time at the range doing 100 yard stuff before pushing to 1,000.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
congrats on a great new gun. where did you find one?
Oddly enough, DSG Arms had it. I spend a metric ton of money with them and never thought to look... sure enough they had one at LE price. I saved a decent amount over gun broker.

There is a guy selling one on AR15.com for $3,000, he's a **** but he has one for sale.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My MR762 likes Sierra 168 grain SMK'S a bit better than the 168 gain Amax's. YMMV.
I have 120 rounds of factory FGMM 168s, I will see how they do. Cabelas has 20% off Hornady so I picked up 1250 168 amax bullets... I will keep an eye out for a deal on SMKs!

My biggest concern isn't how they group, more interested in how they fly... I had better luck in the past to 1,000m with the amax since they go sub sonic at about 920 meters out of 16 inch Ars. Curious to see how the MR does, the last 16 inch guns I shot that far were a Sig 716 and a Scar 17. Im sending my REPR back to LWRC for a 20 inch barrel so I can keep both :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oddly enough this thing has heavier recoil than any other 308 ive had... Cant wait for the flash hider to come so I can try it suppressed!

Attachments

·
Banned
2,002 Posts
I fought the urge with everything I could, but looking in my safe at the collection of LWRC rifles in 5.56 and 308, and then the lonely MR556 crying in the corner with nothing but HK Handguns to hang out with, I decided to spring for a MR762 with the keymod rail. It hurt, but hopefully it pays off...

Now the real test. I have a 16 inch LWRC REPR, and now a 16 inch MR762... only one gets to wear the Steiner 3-12x50 scope, the other will get a lower magnification optic (acog or red dot) and be setup as a battle rifle to hang out with the Scar 17 SBR in "never going to shoot far" land. Going to have to take them both out and see how they do... Im REALLY hoping the MR762 does ok suppressed after reading the people complaining of overgas since the REPR has an adjustable gas system and shoots wonderfully suppressed while taming recoil significantly. Im going to try and sell/trade the 16 inch REPR for a 20 inch REPR that way I can justify keeping both where as eventually im sure one will get the boot (cant justify a 13 inch scar and two 16 inch 308 AR platforms, but a 13, 16 and 20 inch? Of course!)

I will get some pictures up when it arrives wearing the Steiner, and I may get the rail and butt stock coated in FDE for fun.

For your temporary viewing pleasure, here is the REPR!
View attachment 54785
I am loosing the fight also!! Should have bought the Complete 417 upper back when it was right in front of me.. Didn't expect things to change so much!! Now the elections!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting. What about the muzzle rise?
Minimal rise (same with the other 3) and was able to stay on target at about 5x on my scope, but just did 75 feet as I was indoors after work. I took the flash hider off to send out and am currently waiting on a Surefire so I can put my suppressor on, then I will take it out to 700-1000 yards and see how it really does. With the 12x magnification max, its easy to maintain the target in the field of vision, but its really nice when the rifle doesn't move so I can spot my own shots and correct if I miss.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts