HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and it was pretty neat.
Some observations from an HK/HKPro newbie.
-Recoil was very mild, even with the hot CorBons, tho' it's not clear if this is due to the wonder of the gas retarded slide or the sheer mass of the gun. More, the recoil seemed very smooth; no secondary impulse, and the slide didn't feel like it was striking the frame. Anybody ever do freeze-frame to see how long the slide actually stays forward?
-It shot real straight when I did my part. A bit like a Glock trigger (I'm sorry!), the long/light and somewhat creepy release requires some mastering.
-It never failed to go bang, thru' an assortment of ammo.
-It was really dirty inside for less than 100rds fired. Give the gas-piston AR guys a squeeze cocker HK; they'll quit grousing about direct impingement.
-All that said, it wasn't hard to clean, and I have a scraper and brush on order from HK.
-With street glasses, I tore up a B-29 silhouette at 50', and that was a better venue than pure bullseye. The sights were good, even for old, blind guys. Better, it was easy to shoot fast; find the sights, slap the funny trigger, repeat.
So, I'm pleased with the new purchase. The boys at HK were surely thinking outside the box.
Moon

·
Registered
134 Posts
Shooting it is half the fun, now try CCW with it.

Having a pistol that shoots that sweetly that is that concealable is awesome.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome to the P7 cult! Great firearm. Great carry piece. Enjoy the pleasure of such a wonderful piece.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Welcome to the P7 cult! Great firearm. Great carry piece. Enjoy the pleasure of such a wonderful piece.
+1
Congrats on owning one of the finest handguns ever built!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I prefer them with Nill grips. Just feels better in my hand that way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts