HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I have a HK SP5 and VP9SK and I been thinking for some time to buy a HK USC and would eventually do the conversion I would keep the 16 in Barrel but I would like to get a foldable buttstock and definitely the lower receiver to accept double stack magazines is that correct. Anyway I've been on the fence I have the money so the money's not a problem it's just I don't know I haven't shot one are they as nice as the sp5. I know everything H&K makes is just about perfect. One thing that does concern me is the amount of plastic that this gun has it doesn't look like it has any metal parts does the Bolt just slide down the plastic receiver or is there actually a metal rail on it anyway please help me make my decision thanks guys

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought a USC/UMP conversion (HDPS block) last year. I love it, and I’m amazed in retrospect that it took me this long to get one. I don’t have an SP5 for comparison purposes, unfortunately, but I do have an HK94. The USC compares very favorably in terms of fun, accuracy, and cool factor. There’s definitely lots of polymer going on, but I haven’t read or heard anything about that being a big detractor/weakness versus the steel on the HK90-series guns. Another factor that may be a priority for you is that these are easy to swap out barrels on, which is another plus if you want to go the SBR route. OEM mags aren’t cheap, which sucks, but any HK fan knows that virtually nothing is cheap when it comes to indulging our HK obsession

I’d highly recommend getting one

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had a USC. Loved it. Found a USC receiver on gunbroker and won that auction, at a pretty damn good price too. I sought out the rest of the UMP parts and sent it off for the build. Sold the USC after and haven’t looked back. It looks right at home next to the Sp5.

·
Registered
252 Posts
And don’t worry about the plastic parts, HK wouldn’t sell them to LE agencies if they weren’t reliable. No compromise.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not wasting my money on some neutered gun. I'll wait for the sporting ump and g36.
Is H&K talking about making a sporting UMP? or are you just wish for one. With the current Administration and such new gun laws coming out I could not picture a firearm company trying to make an assault weapon for the marketplace. Like it's been stated that the USC is basically a neutered rifle already why would H&K scrap that and then make a different neutered rifle. Doesn't sound right does it.

·
Banned
81 Posts
There's so many guns i should have bought when i had the chance, Don't make the same mistakes i did.

·
Banned
81 Posts
I had an original USC back in the late 90's . It ran fine and was accurate. It was similar to the .40 and 45 UMP's I've shot. Functional but not nearly as smooth as an MP5.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I had a fully converted USC. The USC/UMP aren’t great guns, and are complete garbage compared to the H&K MP5s. They look very cool, but suck when it's time to pull the trigger. The recoil impulse is just terrible, like putting a heavy stone in a box and shaking it around.

If you want a USC conversion, you won’t scratch that itch any other way. But after shooting mine a few times I sold mine and haven’t missed it.

If I were in your shoes, having done this before... I would take the money and time you'll put into the USC conversion and spend it on an SP5K-PDW.

Tom Bostic does great work, and the UMP is a great piece for an HK collection that hangs on the wall. But there is a reason the MP5 soldiers on despite H&Ks best attempts to kill it off. The UMP isn’t half the gun, since you are comparing it to the MP5 I'm sure you'll be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I had a fully converted USC. The USC/UMP aren’t great guns, and are complete garbage compared to the H&K MP5s. They look very cool, but suck when it's time to pull the trigger. The recoil impulse is just terrible, like putting a heavy stone in a box and shaking it around.

If you want a USC conversion, you won’t scratch that itch any other way. But after shooting mine a few times I sold mine and haven’t missed it.

If I were in your shoes, having done this before... I would take the money and time you'll put into the USC conversion and spend it on an SP5K-PDW.

Tom Bostic does great work, and the UMP is a great piece for an HK collection that hangs on the wall. But there is a reason the MP5 soldiers on despite H&Ks best attempts to kill it off. The UMP isn’t half the gun, since you are comparing it to the MP5 I'm sure you'll be disappointed.
Well said!
If you have to scratch the itch… scratch the itch.. but you will still be itching for that MP5/SP5.
I myself want to scratch on the UMP conversion and I will… one day. I have had a lot of opportunities to play with them and can tell you I agree with @freeride1 100%…. But its an itch…. 😂
M.

·
Priest of the P7
5,243 Posts
Garbage is way too harsh. My USCMPs are very quiet and way fun to shoot when suppressed. I’d agree that roller locks stand out, but comparing 45ACP guns to 9mm counterparts is unfair.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Garbage is way too harsh. My USCMPs are very quiet and way fun to shoot when suppressed. I’d agree that roller locks stand out, but comparing 45ACP guns to 9mm counterparts is unfair.
I ran my UMP in .40 and compared it to my MP5/40. Would stand by my assessment.

YMMV

·
Priest of the P7
5,243 Posts
Well, shoot a UMP in 45 with a can, you might like it. Or maybe not, who knows. But the USC that the op is talking about is chambered in 45ACP. The SP5 he owns is 9x19.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Is H&K talking about making a sporting UMP? or are you just wish for one. With the current Administration and such new gun laws coming out I could not picture a firearm company trying to make an assault weapon for the marketplace. Like it's been stated that the USC is basically a neutered rifle already why would H&K scrap that and then make a different neutered rifle. Doesn't sound right does it.
Just wishful thinking. They can come out with at least a pistol version.

·
Registered
97 Posts
UMP is really cool so up to you since you already have an SP5. I'd want some to complete my HK collection but from what I've seen the recoil impulse is a lot worse than the MP5s since it's direct blowback and has no delaying mechanism beyond the bolt mass.

With all of the German engineering magic over there at HK I'm surprised they designed a direct blowback gun instead of a delayed blowback system. Probably to make the gun cheaper and easier to manufacture

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like my USC, but it is nowhere near an MP5/SP5 in terms of smoothness. If you try to compare the SP5 and USC head on, then the USC will leave you disappointed. However, if you view the USC as a handy .45 carbine and prevent yourself from directly comparing it to an SP5, I think you'll enjoy it. Just my .02

1 - 20 of 28 Posts