HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks just went from a usp 45 tact Var 1 to Combat/competit LEM trigger and I must admit I'm not shooting as well. I think i am having trouble getting used to the light trigger, sounds crazy, huh? It's weird , its like there is not enough resistence in the trigger. Wondering if I should have stayed with my Var 1. Anyone else have this trouble? I have the parts from my old Var.1, is it hard for an H&K armour to switch it back to Var1 from LEM?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
The switch back is a matter of minutes... but I´d try to sacrifice several minutes to dry fire the gun A LOT at first ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just switched my USP 9 from V1 to light LEM. I much prefer the light LEM, because I hated the DA pull.

Did you do the switch or did you pay someone? It's easy to switch back, especially if you still have the old V1 parts.

I agree with Lukas, try some dry firing and some more range time before you decide to scrap it.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
You are likely just having trouble adjusting to something you are not familiar with. I would not pull the plug on the LEM until I had the gun out on at least 5 or 6 different shoots and put a hundred or so rounds downrange on each session.
Just like a lot of people have trouble shooting HKs in general well when they first get them the LEM also takes a little getting use to. I think once you do though you will find this trigger the best combat trigger out there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the encouragement

Our SWAT team went mandatory to the Glock 34 9mm Tactical/practical about a year ago. Up until about a year prior to that, I had been shooting the usp 45 Var1. Well, when I went back to the usp 45 recently with the LEM after having shot the 9mm glock 34 for a year, it threw my whole game off. They have a different grip angle i hear, and i guess i got used to that glock 34 trigger. Now... however, I am allowed to carry my usp 45 tact again. So I went with the combat/competit LEM. I think you are right, I did start shooting it better the more I shot today, however it is going to take some practice. I got used to shooting tight groups with the 34 9mm, lets face it , it is alittle easier to shot or control, but I miss my usp 45. I know... it's all shot placement. But for me it's a challenge to learn to shoot my usp 45 as well as a 9mm. The Delta guys I know here in NC shoot the 45 and do it well, so it can be done. Thanks for the advise guys! I'll keep at it. Time to start reloading.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
The trigger on the Combat Comp. is a LEM and Match trigger hybrid. Light double action pull on the first shot (when decocked), then crisp smooth single action with every subsequent shot. Please don't confuse this with normal LEM which is light DA from first shot to last.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.