HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to use Milt Sparks for all my holsters as their quality, customer service, and price are unmatched in my opinion. I asked Tony K. over email if they made any holsters for the P2000sk and he confirmed that they did, so I called over earlier today. They mentioned that since I was already waiting for a holster for my USP, that rather than make a new order it would be easier and require less lead time if I just added to my existing order. Hearing that I didnt have to get in line all over again and wait another 5 or 6 months I ordered another holster for the HK USP and 2 holsters for the P2000sk so I would be set for a while.

I ordered the following:
Versa Max 2 - USPf 45
Versa Max 2 - P2000SK
I-BAK - USPf 45
55BN - P2000sk
Double mag pouch - USPf 45
Single mag pouch - P2000SK

I have worn the Versa Max 2 for years with my 1911, so it will be interesting to see how it works with the USPf and P2000SK. I talked with the guys over there for a while and as usual they really helped me choose the right holster for the gun and the application. I will be sure to let you guys know how they work, I should have them in around 3 or 4 weeks, and I should have my P2000sk in around 2 weeks.

·
Registered
634 Posts
You will love the VM for the P2SK. I have the same thing for both of my HKs and they fit/feel awesome. Good job on being able to add to an existing order. The 20 week wait feel like forever, but it is well worth the wait. :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Along with Mitch Rosen, Milt Sparks holsters are the best I've ever used. They are well made and worth every penny you pay for them.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never been able to get over the customer service I get with Sparks. I have used Rosen and I personally did not think I got what I paid for, but obviously that is just my opinion. Years go I called Rosen once to get some more information on his holsters and he was very abrasive and just did not seem to have customer service skills and acted as if he did not have time for me, I may have just gotten him on a bad day, so who knows, but at the very least it wasnt a good pleasant encounter. At any rate, I then found Sparks and I have been with them ever since. They are just the best group of guys, and if they cannot provide you with a holster they have no problem saying they cant do it, and finding someone who can.

I remember a number of months ago I wanted a holster for a certain application and Tony emailed me and said it wasnt something they did, he then emailed me a few days later and gave me the name of someone he found who did make it and gave me their contact info. I just couldnt ask for more than that. Of course the fact that my VM2 and double thick belt for my 1911 which was worn almost everday for about 2.5 years still looks pretty new and work as well as the day I got them, if not better doesnt hurt!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought another Milt Sparks VM2 yesterday as well! (***don't tell my wife)

The one I got yesterday, is for my Kimber Pro TLE/RL II.

·
Registered
485 Posts
JLStorm, Mitch usually has more on his hands than he can handle with holster orders. I have talked to him on one occasion and he did seem a little short and to the point. Not that he was rude, he just seemed to want to get back to work. I have spoke to a lady there as well and had no problem dealing with her. As to quality, my 3 Rosen holsters are outstanding examples of a true craftsman. The guys at Milt Sparks are very friendly and easy to deal with and they do make excellent holsters.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JLStorm, Mitch usually has more on his hands than he can handle with holster orders. I have talked to him on one occasion and he did seem a little short and to the point. Not that he was rude, he just seemed to want to get back to work. I have spoke to a lady there as well and had no problem dealing with her. As to quality, my 3 Rosen holsters are outstanding examples of a true craftsman. The guys at Milt Sparks are very friendly and easy to deal with and they do make excellent holsters.
I have no doubt he makes excellent holsters, I have heard nothing but great things about the quality. That one encounter just rubbed me the wrong way, and although my holster from him was great, I didnt think it was worth quite as much as he was charging at the time. Rosen may be a great guy and I just got him on a bad day, who knows. At any rate since I have found everything I wanted with Sparks, I dont look around at anyone elses stuff anymore, similar to many people who found Rosen and stuck with him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had the Sparks VM for my P2000sk for about 6 months now, which is less time than I waited for it. I'm a rookie CPW carrier, so I have little to compare to this holster. The workmanship is excellent. It's molded to absolutely every contour of the gun. There is no way that the gun will fall out of the holster, and there is no way that your finger can find the trigger until the gun clears the holster. It stays open without the gun in it even if you sit on the holster. For a coupleabucks more you can have both the belt loops and the plastic grab-your-pants clips that are so dang strong that you have to put the holster on the pants when you're not in them. I like it and feel like it was worth the wait and the $$.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Versa Max 2 I have for my P2000 is unreal. It makes the gun disappear under my shirt. Let me know how it works with your USPf .45.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Versa Max 2 I have for my P2000 is unreal. It makes the gun disappear under my shirt. Let me know how it works with your USPf .45.

Will do, I will opt for the USPf OWB in the I-BAK, but in certain situations when I want something bigger than the P2000SK and its not 95 degrees out, I think the USPf will conceal rather nicely in the VM2, although with a beast that big, I dont know how comfortable it will be in any IWB holster...we shall see.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh man, I went on a spree too:

I must be insane.

2 VMII's for hk p7psp
1 VMII for sig p229
1 IWB double mag carrier
1 IWB hi-cap single mag carrier
3 sets of kydex clips

I am going to have to starve for a while.

The shipping is going to be killer.

I hope it's all worth it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Me too:

For my P7M8:
-------------

55BN - outside the waistband
Versa Max 2 - inside the waistband
1 Mag Holder

For my Colt Agent:
------------------

Summer Special 2 - inside the waistband

--

I already have a summer special 2 and a 55bn for my USPc 9mm and they are awesome.

Michidan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts