HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left Washington for California a couple years ago, and had to leave the full size .45 USP behind. I shot and carried a Sig P226 while in California.

Went to the range with a buddy from SFG1 today now that I'm back in town. I shot pretty nice groups with the 226, ragged little holes at 7 to 10 yards on average. Sometimes I would rush and things would spread out. The USP was another story, all were within 3" (this is in a combat stance and firing rate) but not fantastic.

He shot with it and put them all in a ragged hole, as a matter of fact he shot a couple sessions with it that were better than the Sig, Kimber Warrior, HK P2000 (.40) put together. He had never really shot a USP, so I told him to trade that P2000 in and get a fullsize!

We are both completely unimpressed with the LEM trigger on the .40 HK - It just doesn't feel right when you are used to SA. As a matter of fact it takes whatever problems you have and multiplies them by two. I can tell it would take a lot of practice to get it right.

My question is: The Sig was WWB 9mm, and cleaned up great with a boresnake. I left my .45 boresnake in Cali on accident, and using patches and a .308 brush in the grooves couldn't loose the lead/powder deposits on the edges of the grooves. I don't think its going to affect accuracy in any way, just curious if anyone has any quick remedies. No I wasn't shooting wadcutters/lead bullets.

The Sig never jammed, but the HK USP jammed up tight on a reloaded .45 round, took a strong arm to get it to eject. It was obviously the reloads fault, on closer inspection it was pretty jacked up.

Still love this pistol, and looking forward to practicing with it more often.

Oh and these 10 round HK mags are useless, they never hit slide lock on the last round!

Need to pick up some 12s.

·
Registered
506 Posts
for cleaning lead, try this, I get great results with it.
http://www.big45metalcleaner.com/

for lock back, it's usually one of 2 things, either you are riding the lever or slide or you may need to try a replacement mag spring. Most folks around here seem to recomend the Wolf springs, and the +10%
You may want to just try cleaning the mag insides as well.
good luck and congrats on getting to shoot your HK again.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Its always been my opinion that you either need to shoot the LEM 100% of the time or not shoot it at all. Its just too difference from anything else to switch back and forth IMO.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
We are both completely unimpressed with the LEM trigger on the .40 HK - It just doesn't feel right when you are used to SA. As a matter of fact it takes whatever problems you have and multiplies them by two. I can tell it would take a lot of practice to get it right.
I agree with you. If you are used to SA then the LEM is hard to use. It's not that LEM is bad, it's just very different from SA and therefore requires alot more thought to shoot accurately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts