HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honestly, I'd never given it a close look. In the early eighties when I was a early HK junkie it was all about the P9S, P7 and the Sig P226 and of course.... The 1911.

When I turned 19 I sold my guns and joined the army. Twenty years later I decide.... Time to do some steel shooting! I bought a 1911 and looked for a P7!

Everyplace I went to buy either...
1. Did not know what it was
Or
2. Hadn't seen one for sale in a long while!

So anyways.... I found one a month ago and bought it. Pumped at least a 1000 rounds thru it already...so much for 200rds fired LNIB :)

So....I've got the bug again, thank god I make decent money....I'd forgotten how expensive shooting can get.

I'm diving past FT Lewis and pop into Cabelas.... To look at the newer HKs I been reading about!

I wanted to check out the compact USP.... I held it, dry fired it, cycled it!
It felt funny...I mentioned this to the guy and asked what I normally shoot... I said P7s he said "we just got one in the library"

It had holster wear but internally was brand new! I mean like brand damn new! It felt sooooo good compared to the USP that I bought it. Whoever the weapon was issued to did not have to qualify with it.... Ok maybe once!

I now have two P7s...WTF!!!

1. Do I have a screw loose?

2. Why don't I like the new offerings from HK? They don't "feel" right at all to me!

P7Heaven?

Sent from my iPhone 馃槨
(I'd rather be at the range trying to wear out my Not-LNIB gun collection.... Let's call it a BTS Beat To **** collection)

Registered
Congratulations on your P7. :) They are classic pistols by any measure.

Addressing your comment about "new offerings from HK not feeling right to you", the USP series are great but aren't exactly new offerings from HK since they came out almost 20 yrs. ago. :wink:

Take a look at the HK 45, HK 45C, P30, P2000 and P2000 SK. HK's been very busy designing and producing very fine, ergonomic handguns since the USP series was released.

Good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
They must have come out while I was in "retirement"

I thought they were fairly new! Doh

Sent from my iPhone 馃槨
(I'd rather be at the range trying to wear out my Not-LNIB gun collection.... Let's call it a BTS Beat To **** collection)

Premium Member
I now have two P7s...WTF!!!

1. Do I have a screw loose?

2. Why don't I like the new offerings from HK? They don't "feel" right at all to me!

P7Heaven?

Sent from my iPhone ��
I have a M13, 3 M8's, 4 P7's & I just bought a M13 on GB today. So I don't think you have a screw loose just yet!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Nine is a lot of p7s

How many say made in germany
Vs
Made in w. Germany?

Sent from my iPhone 馃槨

Registered
They must have come out while I was in "retirement"

I thought they were fairly new! Doh

Sent from my iPhone 飿
Time for you to get up to speed dude. :wink:

Lot's of great HK options available now. As I wrote earlier, check them out.

Registered
The USP's may a little aged. But can they shoot. I took my carry USPc 9mm s/s and my P30s 9mm across from my house to shoot today. The USPc i shot a good bit better. My P30s took me awhile to get it on. I was going left and i know my trigger control had to have been way off. So i got closer with the P30 and moved back slowly.

But it still takes me more concentration to make quick good hit's with it over my USPc. I might try the larger back strap on the P30 and see how that goes. My HK45c was just so easy to hit center fast for me but that's another matter that's over with...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts