HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We stopped at the Burger King in Oberndorf am Neckar and talked to some employees who were wearing HK fleece jackets. They were great to talk to, gave us directions, and said it would be alright to take a picture of the sign from outside the fence. So we did. Too bad it was a Saturday or we might have been able to see more. Then it was on to Ramstein AFB.

European Vacation 1425.jpg European Vacation 1411.jpg European Vacation 1414.jpg

·
Registered
661 Posts
Cool. They don't have a museum/gift shop?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
.. The HK factory is a secure site with fences, gates, and armed guards...
Makes you wonder doesn't it? What would they have you carry if you worked at Candy Land? Personally I image the guards clocking in and Matrix types racks of weapons whooshing by so they can have their pick of the litter.

OP, thanks for sharing. Looks like you guys had a great trip!

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
Extremely well armed guards I'm sure

Sent from my Nexus 10
Sadly you would be disappointed. They can make the most advanced small arms there inside but the guys on the gates can't employ them on post. Reminds me of the disarmed and defenseless German people before and during WWII while the Nazi war machine created some of the most deadly weapons known to man. Ironic.

Where any attackers at HK GmbH would run into serious armed resistance would be when they got down to the Firing Lab and Final Assembly areas. There the techs are well trained and armed with MANY preloaded magazines inside work areas with heavy steel doors.

G3Kurz

·
Registered
144 Posts
You'd think Oberndorf would be stepping up security lately with all that "Center for Political Beauty" fundraising going on? Those airborne sarcophagus conspiring "peace lovers" make Greenpeace look like a bunch of sissies. I can't believe YouTube hasn't yanked that absurd video off their site yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts