HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In regards to the P7 series, what is the difference between the M8 and the PSP?
Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TY, but I have drooled over all the firearm profiles many times, as I'm sure everyone on here has. I was looking for some short sweet explanation of the pros and cons of the both because my next purchase will more than likely be a P7something.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
Another really indepth discussion of the P7 series is at hkp7.com.

There are only 2 real differences - the heat shield that is present on the M8, (and M13), but absent on the PSPs, and the trigger guard mag release on the M8, (and M13), whereas the PSPs have the mag release at the heel of the grip, and there are two revisions of the heel release.

The other difference is that the M8 and M13s have a firing pin that can be removed with no tools. The PSP needs a tool - it comes with a "special screwdriver" which is probably not really all that special, but I haven't used one to know.

That's it. Even with the heat shield, the M8 and M13s get quite hot after 4 or 5 mags. The only really noticeable difference during use is the mag release.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dave

Thats what I was looking for. M8 it is.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
The major differences are the PSP has the mag release located on the bottom of the grip and has no heatsheild. The P7M8 has the mag release located in a position more like a USP and has a heatsheild.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts