HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They just opened up a new triplex store, which includes ****’s and Field & Stream and Golf Galaxy. I visisted last night and saw a couple of HK-type rifles on the rack. The price tag said something like $750. So I was thinking Century. But I couldn’t get close enough to see a description and the sales guys were busy at the time so I just thought I’d look it up later. But they don’t have any of the military looking stuff on their site. Anybody seen one of these at ****’s and know what it actually is? I didn't even get a good enough look at the magwell to determine if it was .223 or .308. I figured it was a .223 since Century makes those.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
That sound you hear is the sound of every HKPro member in your area getting into their cars and hauling a$$ over there to snag up what you didn't take the time to look further into. Wouldn't it be unfortunate if it was an HK91 or HK93 that some customer earlier in the day traded in for an AR15?

In for the smokin' deal someone else is going to come back here to brag about. :wink:

ETA: just busting your chops man, but jeez... I would have waited around long enough to ask to see them. They were probably PTRs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I thought ****'s stopped selling "Assault" weapons. I know after Sandy Hook they stopped selling AR's. Anyway, I'm excited to hear what it is. One of my coworkers said his roommate bought a CETME that was on sale at Academy the other day for about that price. Perhaps that's what you saw.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
I thought ****'s stopped selling "Assault" weapons. I know after Sandy Hook they stopped selling AR's. Anyway, I'm excited to hear what it is. One of my coworkers said his roommate bought a CETME that was on sale at Academy the other day for about that price. Perhaps that's what you saw.
You are correct, they did stop. I have never shopped at a ****s since then. That's a big statement considering both of my children are high achieving athletes and constantily need gear from a ****s that is about 4-5 miles from us. ****s can kiss my crack!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
At a $750 price tag I would venture they are Century C308s

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
There's a ****s down the street from me. Over the years, I have NEVER seen any firearms there except hunting rifles. Never handguns, or military looking weapons. And this is Florida, where Walmart sells AR-15's. GARY

·
Registered
59 Posts
I work across the street from a ****'s so I stopped by after work yesterday and there was nothing but bolt action rifles, some hunting shotguns, and a pair of Henry lever actions. No HK style firearms in sight.

This was in Dallas, TX FWIW.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well crap. I guess I'll have to go back by, take some photos, and see what they are. I think I saw two of them. One was hanging up horizontally on the wall so you could see it from the side. There were numerous other AR type rifles, IIRC. Then there was a second on a standing rack at another location in the gun section.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well crap. I guess I'll have to go back by, take some photos, and see what they are. I think I saw two of them. One was hanging up horizontally on the wall so you could see it from the side. There were numerous other AR type rifles, IIRC. Then there was a second on a standing rack at another location in the gun section.
I haven't seen an AR type rifle in a ****s since sandy hook. In fact they even screwed people over by cancelling standing orders on AR's during that time. You sure it wasn't some sort of airsoft rifle? Maybe a 22lr?

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't seen an AR type rifle in a ****s since sandy hook. In fact they even screwed people over by cancelling standing orders on AR's during that time. You sure it wasn't some sort of airsoft rifle? Maybe a 22lr?

Could have been. I was just doing a walk-thru so I didn't examine anything very closely.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I went back tonight. The HK clone was a Century. They had a ton of AR variants. The Century looked like a .308.

I ended up buying a Kel-Tec Sub2000 9mm Gen2, Glock version. Been wanting one of those for a while and they had them in stock for $499. Now I've got something else to use all my G17 mags in.

In any case, the HK clone that was hanging on the side mount horizontal rack was gone. They just had the one on the vertical rack.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I went back tonight. The HK clone was a Century. They had a ton of AR variants. The Century looked like a .308.

I ended up buying a Kel-Tec Sub2000 9mm Gen2, Glock version. Been wanting one of those for a while and they had them in stock for $499. Now I've got something else to use all my G17 mags in.

In any case, the HK clone that was hanging on the side mount horizontal rack was gone. They just had the one on the vertical rack.
Interesting? We have a couple of ****'s around here (a lot actually Lol) and they have nothing but bolt action hunting rifles and shotguns. I fact their gun counter is all ut dead since they puled that crap a couple years ago. A kel Tec at ****s would be unheard of as well. I thought their "no scary rifle" policy was from the corporate level so wonder what is different about your local store?

/

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting? We have a couple of ****'s around here (a lot actually Lol) and they have nothing but bolt action hunting rifles and shotguns. I fact their gun counter is all ut dead since they puled that crap a couple years ago. A kel Tec at ****s would be unheard of as well. I thought their "no scary rifle" policy was from the corporate level so wonder what is different about your local store?

/
technically this is in the Field & Stream end of the three, but they all share the same checkout so it seems like one big store, with no walls or dividers between. Just decor shifts as you leave one section and enter the next. Their gun section rivals the local Cabelas where I bought my SP5K. Might even be bigger.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At that price it's gonna be a Century or a super base model PTR-91
Dropped by today. Asked a guy there. It's tag had CIA on it. So that sounds like Century to me. And it was indeed .308.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
technically this is in the Field & Stream end of the three, but they all share the same checkout so it seems like one big store, with no walls or dividers between. Just decor shifts as you leave one section and enter the next. Their gun section rivals the local Cabelas where I bought my SP5K. Might even be bigger.
In September 2012, ****'s acquired the intellectual-property rights to the Field & Stream trademarks. So apparently, one way or another, they are back in the scary black rifle business.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are the century arms clones to be avoided? I have looked at them because they are in my price range but like with everything else good and cheap dont go together.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts