HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since struck out getting a PTR91 receiver for a G3K build in the near future, figure would look at alternates.
In particular what is everyone using now days for a "nice' {HK roller lock} 5.56 receiver when building?

As always a good discussion, photos, links, sources and nominal prices are appreciated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Since struck out getting a PTR91 receiver for a G3K build in the near future, figure would look at alternates.
In particular what is everyone using now days for a "nice' 5.56 receiver when building?

As always a good discussion, photos, links, sources and nominal prices are appreciated.
You can get a Noveske gen 2 lower for around $259, it has a flared mag well. Their Gen 1 lowers(no flare) run around $185.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
SW93 receiver from Black Market Parts, $150.00 or put out your feelers and see what comes up.
No other options? (no issue with Black Market Parts ;-) ... then again your's did end up looking rather nicely done.

Turns out I have extra barrel assemblies (93 and G33), stocks (including SG1), forearms, bolt carrier with bolt, paddle mag release, rear drum sights, trigger packs, trigger housings ... thus for the cost of a trunnion, weld kit (i.e. sight base, ledge etc.) and a receiver - have parts for a 5.56 something .... this is as bad as AR15s, my spare parts keep turning into guns!

So could be a scoped full size, full size sear host, possible a G33K (just lost one to a friend) or 53K if got another barrel ... or course there will be the 300 Blk coming next year ;-)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I believe the RTG flats are SW. I'm also pretty sure that SW is the only source for .223 flats and receivers. Some MKEs were floating around in the past.

IMO there is nothing wrong with SW .223 flats/receivers when built by a good Gunsmith.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe the RTG flats are SW. I'm also pretty sure that SW is the only source for .223 flats and receivers. Some MKEs were floating around in the past.
IMO there is nothing wrong with SW .223 flats/receivers when built by a good Gunsmith.
Just takes more TLC and not sure about the scope mount tabs w/o a lot of TLC ... but can always go with a rail.

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts

I agree
I was gonna buy one for the sg1 build , now JT has given me a good idea ..
Instead of the stanag........ have one of the Smith's weld a rail to the top !!

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I'm going with the Black Market Parts receiver for my 93 build.. Ghillie recommended it. They are currently out of stock, tho

I don't know if I will use it but I am gonna have him do the rail anyway, just in case

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going with the Black Market Parts receiver for my 93 build.. Ghillie recommended it. They are currently out of stock, tho
I don't know if I will use it but I am gonna have him do the rail anyway, just in case
Any word on how long before they are back in stock?

I am thinking will go to Plan C: Shoot and accessorize the MM23eK ... which is where I came into this discussion ;-).

·
Registered
253 Posts
Any word on how long before they are back in stock?

I am thinking will go to Plan C: Shoot and accessorize the MM23eK ... which is where I came into this discussion ;-).

fwiw-
When I asked them about a month ago when they would be back in stock, they weren't sure...

One option to consider:
Jayson @ IGF can roll a flat kit purchased from RobertRTG for you.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No. If you put yourself on the waiting list for the item through their website, they will send you an email when they are back in stock.
Good idea, however, have enough irons in the fire maybe cleaning house and concentrating on a few is better option anyway .... ya we know how well that works ;-)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.